im going to be entering a science fair with something music related- a big national fair
why?
looks really good for college

can anyone here help me out with something i can build or make that isnt something you see very often, if at all. maybe not even completly practical?
just something new and creative
maybe ill send the person with a really great idea a consolation prize
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Last edited by libskate44 at Jun 23, 2007,
How about 2 guitars, one amp?

Jury-rig a cellphone headset to receive one guitar's output, call another cellphone with it, put that cellphone's speaker against a second guitar and plug the second guitar into an amp. Voila, Incredible Machine status.
Quote by aleister
How about 2 guitars, one amp?

Jury-rig a cellphone headset to receive one guitar's output, call another cellphone with it, put that cellphone's speaker against a second guitar and plug the second guitar into an amp. Voila, Incredible Machine status.

kinda interesting idea
ill consider it
not really the type of thing im looking for
not really presentable
too simple
i like it tho
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
pickups did cross my mind
one idea ive had is making a computer program that you play your guitar into a mic or the computer and the program has effects and such
i know its been done a lot before
anything with amps?
Quote by beeboshain
nah no talkbox
im thinking something more complex
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Make an amp that makes the world revolve faster when played through. That seems complicated enough..

John Petrucci already did it.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
haha
maybe an amp with some funky control system like no controls at all?
all the different tones comes from guitar?
Quote by beeboshain
its an idea
but this wont be just some little fair
its like a big deal
i think
id like something that ties in music and computers
Quote by beeboshain
Buy a Variax, and mod the circuit for valve preamp or something? I dunno how VOX make their cooltron pedals work on batteries, but you could always run it on the mains for a fair. Just means another cable. And then display the valves glowing on the guitar, not even sure if that's possible. Just an idea
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
How about having a usb compatible guitar which when plugged in automaticly records and tabs out the song as you play it.
That would be so helpful and totally awesome. It would really impress people who are into musical instruments at your fair to. You might even make some money of it if it hasnt been done before which i doubt it has.
^ I was just gonna suggest that

how about a way to use your computer as a giant multi effects station but it still plays through the amp so you would series it like a normal pedal or something
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
keytar!
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by howey
How about having a usb compatible guitar which when plugged in automaticly records and tabs out the song as you play it.
That would be so helpful and totally awesome. It would really impress people who are into musical instruments at your fair to. You might even make some money of it if it hasnt been done before which i doubt it has.

thats an amazing idea
but that is nearly impossible for me to do
but think if that was a program so many ppl would buy it

i like the variax idea
can i get some more info?
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by libskate44
thats an amazing idea
but that is nearly impossible for me to do
but think if that was a program so many ppl would buy it

i like the variax idea
can i get some more info?

Actually, it's pretty easy. Or, at least the concept is easy. Take a look at how MIDI pickups work. Adapt that and give it a nice user interface.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
anybody have ideas with amps?
Quote by beeboshain