Im a rythem guitarist, and when i play chords i usually play them open, is there anyone that could like tab out the different barre chords? Ive heard that they sound alot better and are easier to play once you get used to em

by the way if anyone wants to take the time to tab it out or whatnot thanks for your time and your basically awesome
Quote by Allahblues
Lavaticus 3:14, "So Moses went to class with some no name **** brand and totally started wailin on it. So I challenged him to a guitar duel and totally smoked his ass, he went home crying then everyone was all like OH YOUR SO AWESOME SEX ME."
hey, try this lesson

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/chords/barre_chords.html

if you have any questions after that, I'd love to help you out!

edit: okay well I guess this bit isn't explicitly stated in that lesson (that I saw), so:

for each chord, bar the respective fret with your index finger to play it (these are all based on the E string - the one closest to your face lol):
F is at the first fret
G is at the third
A is at the fifth
B is the 7th
C is the 8th
D is the 10th
and E is the 12th

The chords with sharps and flats are found between the ones i listed. I can list those too, if you need it? I don't know if i'm explaining this very well or not.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Last edited by iain4444 at Jun 23, 2007,
Thanks bro that lesson really helps out
Quote by Allahblues
Lavaticus 3:14, "So Moses went to class with some no name **** brand and totally started wailin on it. So I challenged him to a guitar duel and totally smoked his ass, he went home crying then everyone was all like OH YOUR SO AWESOME SEX ME."
It'd be helpful also if you learned some of the notes on the fretboard. That way, you can know that you're playing an A or a B bar chord, not just the chord that starts on 5th fret, or 7th fret.

It's very helpful for when you are playing with other people and they ask you to play different chords. Plus it's much easier to play with other people if you know some music theory.

Edit: check out chordfind.com or other similar websites. You can hover over the frets and it will show what note that particular fret is.

One more thing; try to learn all the positions of chords so you don't sound too repetitive. This way you'll be able to switch around positions and it will keep you and others interested in your playing.
Last edited by lemonsquares42 at Jun 23, 2007,
Thanks, guys
Quote by Allahblues
I'm not a guitar player, but I think the CAGED theory thing might be what you're looking for. Different barre chord shapes is important.
* Nobody likes WootSticks