Hey, i have an ltd ex 400, a solid state hughes and kettner matrix 100 amp,and i noticed the other day that the sound is pretty muddy. I usually have it set up treble-8, bass-7, mid-4. gain-8 and it sounds alright but not really what i am after, and ive messed around with my EQ for a while but the EQ on the amp is not that good and i cant get the sound i want dialed in.

So what other gear should i get to try and get a high gain killswitch type tone?

And i would prefer no multi FX, and if its a pedal something with a true bypass.

Thanks.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
^they dont, they use it to tighten the sound - thats what they say in interviews - the rectos and tri-amps give them all the gain they need
Quote by Punkstar_13
Hey, i have an ltd ex 400, a solid state hughes and kettner matrix 100 amp,and i noticed the other day that the sound is pretty muddy. I usually have it set up treble-8, bass-7, mid-4. gain-8 and it sounds alright but not really what i am after, and ive messed around with my EQ for a while but the EQ on the amp is not that good and i cant get the sound i want dialed in.

So what other gear should i get to try and get a high gain killswitch type tone?

And i would prefer no multi FX, and if its a pedal something with a true bypass.

Thanks.

You should get a nice tube amp..

Currently they use Framus Cobras I think.. They may have switched to Mesa, I'm not sure.
hughes and kettner tri-amp with emgs.

and prolly a mesa too! I have seen them more with H and K!
Wait what do you mean they use the tube screamer to tighten the sound? How does that work?
We're only strays.
get a decent high-gain valve amp, and DONT SCOOP YOUR MIDS!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3

PREACH!!! Some people need to friggin learn how to use their EQ right, along with their fingers.
We're only strays.
Quote by Yngwi3

When you're trying to get another band's tone, you may have to. Pantera, for example. I'm not sure about Killswitch, though.

Btw, I despise scooped mids in just about every way.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Quote by sheldonplank
When you're trying to get another band's tone, you may have to. Pantera, for example. I'm not sure about Killswitch, though.

Btw, I despise scooped mids in just about every way.

Yeah, Pantera and early Metallica scooped their mids a bit (actually, dimebag scooped them a lot ) But KsE dont
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3

+1

any good high gain tube amp should do it, more or less.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, i was thinking a tube amp, maybe a 6505 or a hughes & kettner maybe, but i dont have enough money, because i just bought my LTD.

So is there anything else i can do to get a high gain, tight modern killswitch engage metal sound? or am i going to have to get a new amp?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
^ yeah, to be perfectly honest you should have just skipped the new guitar.

bit late for that now, unfortunately.

you might get away with a lower gain amp with a boost and/or eq pedal. something like a peavey windsor, maybe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?