I was driving home from my friend's house last night and I saw three different cops do illegal U-turns. It was around midnight, the streets were empty, they didn't seem like they were in a hurry, and they weren't doing anything. That made me pretty pissed off. I obey all the rules on the road and I think cops should too, as long as they are not in a hurry to report somewhere or saw someone doing something illegal and felt the need to break the rules at the time. Even if I was in an emergency and I made a illegal U-turn and a cop saw me, I would get a ticket. I think cops are just enforcers of the law and do not transcend the law, so they need to obey it as well.

What are your guys' thoughts? Should cops obey all law as normal citizens do, and not take advantage of their positions?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
They should, but they dont. they become cops so they can do that kind of stuff and be dicks
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by leftybassdude
They should, but they dont. they become cops so they can do that kind of stuff and be dicks

I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
there's good cops and bad cops. *shrug* obviously they SHOULD obey the law, but for some it's just hopeless.

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
They obviously should. Laws where made to regulate citizens regardless of profession, as far as I'm concerned, but usually I see police speeding and as you said, making illegal U-Turns. But hey, that's life.
666 BRO
Well, to some extent, they do have to break certain laws, most commonly road laws. I think that they should only do so under complete neccessity, yet most just do it because they can.

It seems really annoying, yes. In all reality, however, they need to be able to respond to anything ASAP, even if that means pulling a quick U or speeding.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by leftybassdude

Pretty much.
Spiral Out
Rodney King! Rodney King! Rodney King!

Sorry about that, couldn't help it. Yeah cops should follow the laws of course but what do you expect?
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
^ He would make another illegal U-turn and give me a ticket.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by hug a llama
People abuse their power. That's human nature isn't it?

Well said.
666 BRO
Quote by leftybassdude

yes, I'm sure that's the only reason they become cops, to pull illegal U-turns. stfu
thats when you write down the license plate number and call the police station about it and see what they do
honestly...if it was midnight and the streets were empty, wouldn't you make an illegal u-turn? in the end, cops are just people like you and me...and once you truly understand that, you don't think of them as paragons of the law or anything like that...i will agree that cops do abuse their power and do so regularly, but i don't think certain traffic violations are really some sort of expression of abuse.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com