so, im playing alot of songs by the chillis now, and i wanted to know how to set my strat and my amp maybe to fit songs like Cant stop and Hump De Bump.
-(i have an american stratocaster and a Ibanez 20 watt amp)
also, i would like to know what kind of stratocaster(pickups and overall model of the guitar) and amp is used by John.

thanks!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

^ i have a feeling your right on the button but i have no money.and i need to get as close as i could get to john's sound/tone.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

look on the ultimate-settings thread. its in the gear & accessories forum.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^i did that to my amp and even wrote it down but i need to know how to set my guitar aswell and i have no fricken idea. also what strat does john use and what pickups?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
^i did that to my amp and even wrote it down but i need to know how to set my guitar aswell and i have no fricken idea. also what strat does john use and what pickups?

it dosnt matter, i get a awesome Frusciante tone from my Les Paul and Marshall, just switching to a diff pickup wont really make much difference.
He uses original Strats and Teles from the 60's, so unless your minted you will never get the exact tone, however an American Strat would get you extremely close.

Amp settings wise I think he is 5,5,5 with very little gain.

Look at this to see his pedal and amp he uses http://guitargeek.com/rigview/576/
Neck pickup. Set your amp to clean, with Treble 7; Mid 3; Bass 5.

^^ You shouldn't be getting single coil tones with an LP unless you're some sort of magician. Which I'm guessing you aren't.

He has a hoarde of effects though.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^^^^ Uh MrCarrot what are you talking about. In Can't Stop and Hump De Bump he is clearly using the bridge pickup.
Yeah. I wrote my post quick. I couldn't really be arsed to specify every single song and every single setting. That's just the most generally usable one for Fru I could think of.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ahh dude... hate to say this but with a 20 watt ibanez amp, probably no matter how much you tweak the settings its probably gonna sounds pretty much the same
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
IMO you did something stupid:
Buy a great guitar and still use a crappy amp. You should have gotten a MIM (or a used MIJ, which are often on par with MIA's) and a nice amp too.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
A good valve amp will do the trick.

And indeed, buying an MIA Strat to go with a small practice amp wasn't a good move.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i got cant stop perfectly a year or so ago.... cant remember how to do it.
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan