View poll results: The Search Bar
I hate it
13 23%
I love it
19 34%
I could care less about it
24 43%
Voters: 56.
I'm constantly reading arguments about the search bar and how everyone one should use it. I'd like to know what the Pit actually thinks about the infamous search bar.

Poll coming...
666 BRO
Use the search bar, it's for your own good.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by beastiebeatles
Use the search bar, it's for your own good.

If you want to avoid being flamed.
666 BRO
If we all used the search button, there would barely be half the threads there are here.
The search bar is the greatest thing to ever happen. Just think, if everyone used th search bar like they're supposed to, then we wouldn't have so many fucking masturbation threads, and anything that reduces the number of masturbation threads is a good thing.
Quote by NGD1313
The search bar is the greatest thing to ever happen. Just think, if everyone used th search bar like they're supposed to, then we wouldn't have so many fucking masturbation threads, and anything that reduces the number of masturbation threads is a good thing.

I completely agree, I just get tired of seeing the same comment in every thread. "Use the search bar" or "Search Bar /thread". I'm just saying, most UGer's (That I've come in contact with) are FAR to lazy to use the search bar.
666 BRO
Quote by hug a llama
If we all used the search button, there would barely be half the threads there are here.
Yes, but the ones we had would be twice as long.

...No wait, that's wrong.
There wouldn't be all those "Use the search bar." / "Fuck the search bar." arguments.

How would we live without that?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by paulvxD
I try to use the search bar, but the ****ing thing rarely works

Usually it's easier (not to mention more fun) to create your own thread.
666 BRO
Option 3 in the poll should be "I couldn't care less about it".

Holy shit why does everyone make this mistake?

Saying you "could care less" indicates that you don't not care about it as much as you could; deep inside, you still care about it a little. But "couldn't care less" says that you care about it as least as possible, meaning it is fully irrelevant to you.

/grammar nazi rant
Last edited by rcw110131 at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by rcw110131

Saying you "could care less" indicates that you don't not care about it as much as you could; deep inside, you still care about it a little. But "couldn't care less" says that you care about it as least as possible, meaning it is fully irrelevant to you.

Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Quote by rcw110131

You do have a point... But that's just a grammar error, not the point of this thread.
666 BRO
Quote by rcw110131

Option 3 shouldn't even be in this poll

Polls like these shouldn't have a third option. It should be a yes/no poll not a yes/yes/no or yes/no/no. An actual example is like

Do you skate?
skateboard
roller blade
scooter
Quote by paulvxD
Option 3 shouldn't even be in this poll

Polls like these shouldn't have a third option. It should be a yes/no poll not a yes/yes/no or yes/no/no. An actual example is like

Do you skate?
skateboard
roller blade
scooter

Yes, but I clicked 3 poll options thinking I would have a logical 3rd choice (i don't know why), and I didn't want to go back and edit. :/
666 BRO
the search bar never works right for me. I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
The search bar doesn't always work, and you don't want to resurrect a 2 year old thread.

To TS is that Emily Haines in your avatar, she's nice
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by rcw110131

/grammar nazi rant
You should make a thread about this.

...but be sure to use the search bar first!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Cal UK
The search bar doesn't always work, and you don't want to resurrect a 2 year old thread.

Well if it's old, then yeah, go ahead and make a new thread. If it was created 2 weeks or so before then don't make another thread
well, the way i see it, it doesnt help. cause lets say i want to ask a question about pickups to put in my guitar. im considering seymour duncans. so, i go to "guitar gear and accessories" and i do a search for what im looking for. i come up with a bunch of results that dont fit my needs, but i see one that says, "EMG vs. Duncans." i guess my questions will be answered there, right? wrong. i would be ignored, for the most part, because im just slightly off topic. this guy wants to know what pickups are best for metal, i want a good rock tone, and i know i want duncans, just not sure which combo. so a page later, it seems like i never typed a word. and that wasnt the first time that happened to me. thats what i get for obeying the rules of the search bar.

i mean, im not talking about jerk off threads, those you CAN use the search bar for. but when im actually looking for advice and/or help, im better off ignoring the search and starting a new thread. maybe one guy will say, "duhhh usey da searcheded bars!" but other then that, my question will be answered.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by watchingmefall
The search bar is man's best friend, too bad everybody at UG is 12 years old.

im 12

except i don't make masturbation threads and i use the search bar!

though i must say- it isnt very good...