Hey all, I'll soon to go on the market for a new guitar. I have been scouring the internet the past couple of weeks checking out every possible guitar as well as the supporting artists. So I was wondering if all you UGers out there had any advice. I'd really like 24 frets as well as tremolo arm so that initially led me to Jackson or PRS, or even the cutom Ernie Ball John Petrucci. But I'd like to keep it around a thousand dollars or so. As far as what styles I play, its primarily rock/metal, but I'm still in the learning phase (I've been playing for about a year and a half) so I'd like to incorporate lots of other syles into my playing eventually.

By the way, my current set up is:

Ibanez GAX70
Mashall VS230
Line 6 Uber Metal
Zoom 505II multifx

Tell me what you think, and thanks for the advice!!
a presteige rg or s series?
ibanez btw
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
I haven't played one, but I've heard nothing but good things about PRS's
My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Squier Standard Stratocaster
Marshall G30RCD Amplifier

Originally said by deadhand329
sir...you have given me something to aspire to
Quote by markazord
a presteige rg or s series?
ibanez btw

I don't know, my roomate has an rg270, but I honestly think my gax70 plays and sounds better. Also, I hoping to get away from the Ibanez brand.
you might want to get a used Ibanez RG, then use the rest of the money to buy a new amp
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by cherub_rocker07
you might want to get a used Ibanez RG, then use the rest of the money to buy a new amp

Like I said above, the RG would really be a step sideways, and also I just bouth the amp a month ago, which was a huge step up from the 1x10 Epiphone Bass amp I was using. So I was hoping to get a guitar a step or two higher this summer then upgrade my amp situation in a year or two.
Quote by theblackbox
I haven't played one, but I've heard nothing but good things about PRS's

me either but they better be damn good for the price tags i've seen on them at the local guitar center
Quote by Axial
me either but they better be damn good for the price tags i've seen on them at the local guitar center

Yeah, those are really pricey (perhaps too costly for me), but with users like Larry LaLonde and Alex Lifeson . . .
Quote by BlackerSabbath
I don't know, my roomate has an rg270, but I honestly think my gax70 plays and sounds better. Also, I hoping to get away from the Ibanez brand.

An Ibanez Prestige is a squillion times better than a 270. I have a RG1570, and have played RG330s and the like. There is absolutely NO comparison.

I'd suggest a RG2570. Incredibly thin neck, low action, excellent trem, fantastic pups (Dimarzios), great craftsmanship.

I couldn't say even one of those things about a RG270.

Seriously, at least try a Prestige before you rule out Ibanez as an option. They're lightyears ahead in that price range.

EDIT: \/ +1 to all that.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Last edited by sheldonplank at Jun 24, 2007,
Like I said above, the RG would really be a step sideways, and also I just bouth the amp a month ago, which was a huge step up from the 1x10 Epiphone Bass amp I was using. So I was hoping to get a guitar a step or two higher this summer then upgrade my amp situation in a year or two.

Are you a mentalist?

A decent RG (1570 and up) won't be a sideways step at all, it'll pe severasl steps straight up. The Edge Pro is one of the best Floyd variants available, their made in Japan, build quality is excellent, slinky necks. Your GAX is a decent guitar for the money, but it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as an RG Prestige, there really is no comparison whatsoever.

Dunno about PRS's but an equivalent priced Jackson would come with the decidedly clunky 580 model LFR.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com