I was wondering how he gets that sound, does it involve EMGs?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Buck Dharma did use a strat with EMG humbuckers at one point, but i dont know if that would really be his main sound. his main guitar for a long time was a gibson SG, probably with stock pickups but the pics definatly do not look like it had EMGs.

site with descriptions of Buck's guitars
Quote by jof1029
Buck Dharma did use a strat with EMG humbuckers at one point, but i dont know if that would really be his main sound. his main guitar for a long time was a gibson SG, probably with stock pickups but the pics definatly do not look like it had EMGs.

site with descriptions of Buck's guitars

But he now uses a Steinberger loaded with EMG humbuckers.
well are you looking for his current sound or the sound off of classic BOC albums? current sound obviously uses EMGs if thats what he has now, but if you want the classic BOC sound then you probably dont need them.
Quote by jof1029
well are you looking for his current sound or the sound off of classic BOC albums? current sound obviously uses EMGs if thats what he has now, but if you want the classic BOC sound then you probably dont need them.

Well, I want to know how how got that amazing lead tone on songs such as Dont Fear The Reaper.