Alright, I have no idea what the right term for this would be.

I'd like to play something light, then stop and playing numerous notes that "build up" from a low note to a higher note, but through-out this, I would from time to time hit a lower note to form the tempo.

The closest thing I can think of to what I'm trying to achieve, would be "The Ponytail Parade" by emery http://www.purevolume.com/emery (The second to last choice.)

What they play isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but it sounds similar. It starts at 11 seconds into the song.

They "build up" from a lower note to a higher note, then bring it back down.

I'd like to know how I could achieve a similar sound with one, or if I need them, two guitars.

If this question is unclear, please tell me.
Quote by Wilson
I didn't realize I was being transformed until I was in her kitchen wearing an apron and frosting her cupcakes.
I think I get what your saying... Like start out light, (maybe an acoustic progression) and then start playing the notes faster and faster, and then finally kick in with Distortion?
Yeah, doing that or just going back to another acoustic progression.
But, I'd like the notes played to sound "Elegant" when played together, I guess.
Quote by Wilson
I didn't realize I was being transformed until I was in her kitchen wearing an apron and frosting her cupcakes.
something like this:

---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------7-9-10---10-9-7-
-------------------------7-9-10--------6--------10-9-
--------5-7-8---8-7-5----------------------------
--5-7-8-------4-------8-7-----------------------

?

its a Paul gilbert exercise in a sextuplet rhythm, in A harmonic Minor

im not exactly sure if thats the sort of thing you want when you say elegant...
Are you talking about getting faster? That's an accelerando.

Are you talking about getting louder? That's a creschendo.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
*crescendo

Climax would be the appropriate term for the effect you want to create I believe.