I need help...i wanna purchase a new amp, something with a nice heavy "crunchy" sound off it and with around 30-50 watts of power...but i dont know where to start...i mainly play heavy metal, thrash metal and hard rock eg megadeth, ozzy osbourne, pantera, metallica...
Last edited by -Boydy- at Jun 24, 2007,
I've heard good things about the Ibanez Valbee.
All tube and is supposed to be pretty high gain.

Edit: Never mind the Valbee it's only 5 watts. Are you meaning 30-50 watts ss or tube?
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Jun 24, 2007,
^30- 50 watts tube is WAY too much for home use.

A Roland Cube 30 is a great buy for you! Heck a Micro Cube would be great!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by bucketned
line 6 brutha
they get a gnarly tone

shut the hell up

Roland Cube 30 (or 60 if you want the volume) will do you great
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Line 6 spider. does insane gain at low volume and they aint too expensive. or even a vox valvetronix.
30-50 watts? Mesa Boogie Stilleto Ace combo would nail those tones, and is right at 50 watts. Hook it up with an attenuator and you have the perfect rig, both for home use, and shows.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
^ I can easily get Pantera/ Megadeth/ Metallica/ Ozzy tones on my Stileto Deuce. Just use the "tite gain" mode on channel two, eq, and shred!
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
get a line 6 spider II or spider III. they can sound like anything you want them to.
Quote by smok3scr33n
get a line 6 spider II or spider III. they can sound like anything you want them to.

except good.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by smok3scr33n

Yup, i love the tone i heard when i watched a video of someone throwing it out of his window onto concrete.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

^You MUST link me that video.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by Yngwi3
Yup, i love the tone i heard when i watched a video of someone throwing it out of his window onto concrete.

Man.. The tone you get from a Spider when you do that is SUPERB.
Thx guys this is a real help...a friend told me a Marshall MG50DFX would be a good choice...is this good advice?
^n.o.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
What you are looking for is a cube. ANy cube

I have a microcube I use at home and I never turn it up past half on the volume. Great little amp!!!!!!!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/roland/micro_cube/index.html

Although if you REALLY like pounding it and/or jam with people lots then you might want to step up to a cube 15 or 30

Edit: With the settings on Rectifier you can get a very heavy sound!
Quote by stangconv
What you are looking for is a cube. ANy cube

I have a microcube I use at home and I never turn it up past half on the volume. Great little amp!!!!!!!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/roland/micro_cube/index.html

Although if you REALLY like pounding it and/or jam with people lots then you might want to step up to a cube 15 or 30

Edit: With the settings on Rectifier you can get a very heavy sound!

get a microcube. its perfect. stay away from the 15 watt...or get anythign above it.
^ +1.

Get the Microcube if you want more effects and a handy little amp for carrying around and that, or the Cube 30 if you want the extra volume (not that you'd need it for home use).

Stay away from the Cube 15 though.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by Striketalonx
except good.

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
I'd suggest a roland cube 30. Don't get the microcube because, even though it sounds good, it doesn't have enough low end to provide any kind of palm mute tone or anything like that. The cube 30 is superior in any way and is only about $300USD
Quote by afrika18
I'd suggest a roland cube 30. Don't get the microcube because, even though it sounds good, it doesn't have enough low end to provide any kind of palm mute tone or anything like that. The cube 30 is superior in any way and is only about $300USD

i do it all the time?
Quote by Yngwi3

Is that a joke or is there really a video? Because I want to see it
mesa express 5:25 or maybe 5:50 if you need the extra volume/headroom.
Kramer: 85 Baretta, 84 Pacer Imperial, 85 Pacer Imperial
Gibson 68 LP Custom Shop
Fender 69 Strat
Mesa Roadster 2x12
THD Hotplate
Digitech WH-1
Ibanez TS808
Dunlop 535QC
MXR: Distortion III, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, 10 Band EQ, DC Brick
Quote by sofubar
Is that a joke or is there really a video? Because I want to see it

haha it was a video on his phone
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Am i the only one round here who practices etc with a 30 watt valve amp? The reason its loud/powerful is becuase its 12 inch speaker moves alot of air..

But i use seperate EQ's and dist for distortion so im on the clean channel, and i know that at like with the volume setting at 2 i'm not getting the BEST from the amp, it still sounds lovely and chimey
what about crate SS amps? I also play at home, no gigging, and my rectoverb 50 is a little overkill for my OD setting.

Not jacking the thread, but I'm kind of in the same boat....
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Quote by Gabel
^30- 50 watts tube is WAY too much for home use.

Not if you...thinking outside the box here...turn the volume down.
30-50 watts is fine for home use. You just won't be able to crank it (not that you'd be able to crank a 5 watt either)
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I play at home and have no plans to gig (no time or real desire to). My 6505 sounds awesome at home levels :P
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs