so well i'm getting a fender from my parents ( that i won with a bet )
but they'll only give me the cheapest fender there is, and i guess that's a standard strat for 570 euros (about 600 dollars). but i think if i asked for a different guitar that costs the same, they'll be willing to buy that instead. or if i pay some too for a better guitar, that'll be fine too for them.
i'm a lefty so left-handed second handed guitars will be very hard to find
so what should i buy ?
i play blues, rock, indie, alternative, jazz, britpop,....
no ibanez please, they're so ugly
discuss
Last edited by fender&gibson at Jun 24, 2007,
your parents are giving up 600 dollars?! jesus! lucky for some! just be happy with anything for that price!
but schecter does not go well with "blues, rock, indie, alternative, jazz, britpop,...."

as schecter is more of a metal/hard rock sort of guitar

and 600 ... jesus man, the cheapest fender here is like 50 bucks LOL

stick with strat or get a gibson LP
Naw, go with either a lefty strat or tele, standard. Those aren't bad. If worst comes to worst, buy new pickups later.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by Arkhimedes
but schecter does not go well with "blues, rock, indie, alternative, jazz, britpop,...."

as schecter is more of a metal/hard rock sort of guitar

and 600 ... jesus man, the cheapest fender here is like 50 bucks LOL

stick with strat or get a gibson LP

a gibson LP !?!? you know how much those cost ??

thanks for the replies people, are these any good :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=518343
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Stratocaster-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=510592
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-LeftHanded-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar-?sku=518559
Last edited by fender&gibson at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by fender&gibson
a gibson LP !?!? you know how much those cost ??

Well it all depends on what year they're made in, body art, pickups, .. I bought mine secondhand for €1700 and that's a 2002 sunburst but there are definitely cheaper ones ou there.
Quote by JC13
You can get real gibsons for like 800 USD. There are different kinds, sure there are customs that cost 5 grand, but looky Here

cool ! are there other finishes for those ? i'm drooling all over sunburst finishes
thanks for that ! but i heard that high-end epis's are better than low end gibsons...
true or not ?
look at some higher end epi LP's. have heard good things about those

EDIT: I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio and i love it. it was 900 USD
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Last edited by CanadaHckyDude at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
look at some higher end epi LP's. have heard good things about those

EDIT: I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio and i love it. it was 900 USD

really ? i heard studio's weren't so good ...
some of the ones i played werent the best. but i love the sound i get outta mine. maybe i got lucky
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
F&G,

I hate to burst your bubble, but I doubt you'll find a 'Paul for less than $1000 US. Not in a lefty anyway. And forget about PRS. I don't think they even make a left-hander. Be careful with Epiphone. If you can tolerate the ugly headstock, they make some nice guitars. They also make some crap. You'll recognise the crap right away. Bolt-on neck instead of set-neck. Tuners that look like Schaller, but are obviously not.

I prefer Gib$on, too. But in your price range, you'll probably get more value with a Fender. They also have much more to choose from, for a lefty.

btw, nice sig.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
F&G,

I hate to burst your bubble, but I doubt you'll find a 'Paul for less than $1000 US. Not in a lefty anyway. And forget about PRS. I don't think they even make a left-hander. Be careful with Epiphone. If you can tolerate the ugly headstock, they make some nice guitars. They also make some crap. You'll recognise the crap right away. Bolt-on neck instead of set-neck. Tuners that look like Schaller, but are obviously not.

I prefer Gib$on, too. But in your price range, you'll probably get more value with a Fender. They also have much more to choose from, for a lefty.

btw, nice sig.

thanks for a very useful post

yeah i know, it's a nice sig

Quote by anuar_grg
You say Ibanez WHAT???

i find them butt-ugly ! it's all a matter of opinion though so don't start to argue please.