Well, I wanted to make one of those guitargeek.com picture ones but i couldn't be arsed and its probably too much bother anyway so ill just type them haha.

Firstly, I have nowhere near enough money to get all of these things but im hope to save up and get them all eventually

I play all types of metal, a bit of classic rock/blues and some hard rock stuff.

- Either an Engl Fireball or a Peavey 6505 head (I haven't decided which yet)
- Marshall 4x12 1960AV with Celestion Vintage 30's (Or any 4x12 with V30's as ive heard they are the best?)
- Boss DS-1 or Ibanez Tube Screamer, hopefully an original or I'll have to mod it (For solo boosts)
- Boss Acoustic Simulator
- Jim Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal
- Digitech Whammy
- Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeller or A Boss DD-20 Digital Delay
- Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb Pedal
- MXR Phaser or MXR Flanger
- Boss NS-2 Noise Suppresor
- Boss GE-7 EQ OR MXR 10 band EQ (maybe the Kerry King one)
- Boss OC-3 Super Octave

Thats not the order they'll be in as I havent a clue what to put where.
I also intend to make my own pedal board when I get a larger collection of pedals
What does everyone think of this?

EDIT: Forgot a few but have added them now lol
Last edited by littlemurph7976 at Jun 24, 2007,
try out a mark IV as i have herd they are more versitile then both amps you suggested, if your going from heavy heavy to blues. cab seems fine, might try a mesa cab or avatar cabs. if your going the ibanez tube screamer route go with a maxon OD808, they are true bypass with the same specs as teh original 808, but check out the OCD and a couple other OD before you buy. The holy grail is a great reverb pedal from what i heard, but he holier grail is "better", jsut try em out and find out about them. dont know much about phasers or flangers, but for a wah try that or maybe a weeping demon, or a buddah.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by littlemurph7976
Well, I wanted to make one of those guitargeek.com picture ones but i couldn't be arsed and its probably too much bother anyway so ill just type them haha.

Firstly, I have nowhere near enough money to get all of these things but im hope to save up and get them all eventually

I play all types of metal, a bit of classic rock/blues and some hard rock stuff.

- Either an Engl Fireball or a Peavey 6505 head (I haven't decided which yet)- Mark IV is very versatile and will do all those tones well- see if you can afford one
- Marshall 4x12 1960AV with Celestion Vintage 30's (Or any 4x12 with V30's as ive heard they are the best?)
- Boss DS-1 or Ibanez Tube Screamer, hopefully an original or I'll have to mod it (For solo boosts)- Try a Maxon OD-9 or 808, as they ARE the original tubescreamers
- Boss Acoustic Simulator
- Jim Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal
- Digitech Whammy
- Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeller or A Boss DD-20 Digital Delay- Try an EHX Memory Man
- Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb Pedal
- MXR Phaser or MXR Flanger
- Boss NS-2 Noise Suppresor- ISP Decimator FTW
- Boss GE-7 EQ OR MXR 10 band EQ (maybe the Kerry King one)- Only get the KK one if you are using the EQ on two amps at the same time as that's the only difference
- Boss OC-3 Super Octave
- EHX Small Clone Chorus? maybe

Thats not the order they'll be in as I havent a clue what to put where.
I also intend to make my own pedal board when I get a larger collection of pedals
What does everyone think of this?

EDIT: Forgot a few but have added them now lol

my recommendations for try outs and changes are in red
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You could do better than the 535Q. Look into RMC wahs.

That DS-1 probably won't sound too great out of the box through that rig. Actually, why do you need a distortion pedal? Those are pretty gainy amps.

Lose the acoustic simulator in favor of an actual acoustic guitar.
thanks Yngwi3 you are one helpful chap

unfortunately the mesa mark IV is out of my price range unless i try and find a used one but im not a fan of ebay.

and i will look into maxon pedals. those two amps i suggested only have two channels and i wanted to boost my leads so im heard over the rest of the band.

as for the acoustic simulatr and 535Q wah i already have them (see sig.) and theyre great as far as im concerned for now. the acoustic simulator is more to make the clean channel nicer than simulate a real acoustic. it sort of makes a tone somewhere in between electric clean and a real acoustic that is quite ... different
and i happen to like the 535Q wah thought it is the only wah ive ever used so i wouldnt know what was better but it suits me just fine for now
Quote by littlemurph7976

Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

ts: for ebay you just have to use common sense. I bought mine used from there. just make sure of their feedback and keep in constant touch with them
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
ts: I understand. Im a tone-*****, I know. However, at some point you will probably want to upgrade to something better.
Quote by mexican_shred
ts: for ebay you just have to use common sense. I bought mine used from there. just make sure of their feedback and keep in constant touch with them

Ive tried to buy three seperate things from ebay. The first time I didnt really know what I was doing so not checking the guys feedback was a mistake on my part. The next time I was trying to buy a marshall cab for 30 quid (last minute bid from me) and the guy decided he didnt want to sell me it anymore. He should of put a reserve price on if he wasnt happy with it. The third time I was trying to buy some EMG pickups and payed for them and never recieved them. Then when I compained I only got half of my money back.
Quote by littlemurph7976
Ive tried to buy three seperate things from ebay. The first time I didnt really know what I was doing so not checking the guys feedback was a mistake on my part. The next time I was trying to buy a marshall cab for 30 quid (last minute bid from me) and the guy decided he didnt want to sell me it anymore. He should of put a reserve price on if he wasnt happy with it. The third time I was trying to buy some EMG pickups and payed for them and never recieved them. Then when I compained I only got half of my money back.

crap dude, thats really bad luck, i've bought stuff off ebay and never had any trouble at all
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by littlemurph7976

damn dude that sucks. What i've done in the past is after i win the bid, i talk to them person to person(or phone to phone) to make sure i dont get gyped. i make them give me quotes, see if they sound trust worthy and see what other sales they have made
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Scrap half those pedals and go for a TC Electronics G Major and a MIDI footboard, you'll get all that and more for your money.
Quest for "the tone": pending.
Quote by littlemurph7976

grr i posted an extremely long post saying alot of the same stuff...and noone thanks me...grr oh well i guess its bc im not cool enough to have an avatar
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by littlemurph7976

You know if he puts it up for sale without a reserve he legally has to sell it to the highest bidder!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by ssguitar
grr i posted an extremely long post saying alot of the same stuff...and noone thanks me...grr oh well i guess its bc im not cool enough to have an avatar

aww *e-hugs*

There there little one, have a cookie. Cookie makes it all better
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

hahaha ssguitar you were very helpful too. Its just Yngwi3 has posted in every thread Ive posted and always been helpful to a noob like me

Quote by Daggorath
Scrap half those pedals and go for a TC Electronics G Major and a MIDI footboard, you'll get all that and more for your money.

Ive had a look on the TC electronics website and had a look at some prices and I like the sound of this thing. Though I am incredibly confused by it

ive seen it on thomann.de for 250 quidish which is probably less than all of those pedals would cost anyway. And it could certainately emulate all of those efrfects I want in one handy package

How does it work though? Like, do you put it in the effects loop of your amp? And does it have built in distortion in it so its just like a multi effects processor?