ok im pretty much set on buying this... just need to try one first, now i thought this amp was moddeling but it says 'tube' driven modelling in the description. now does this mean that the amp uses tubes? im a little confused about this.

also this seems better then most 50W's in its price range for the kinda music i play ( thrash/melodeath higher gain stuff. )
but im open to other suggestions apart from this amp if you think i could do better.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
preamp tubes. I thought they weren't out yet though

edit: not preamp... my bad
Last edited by sevenatenine at Jun 24, 2007,
Theres a valve in the power amp section. It just adds a bit of colour apparently.
Nothing to worry about, it doesn't need maintenence or anything, it's not a true valve amp, just a hybrid. More of a marketing ploy than anything. Still if it's as good as the original VTs itll be a great buy.
Quote by beckyjc
Theres a valve in the power amp section. It just adds a bit of colour apparently.
Nothing to worry about, it doesn't need maintenance or anything, it's not a true valve amp, just a hybrid. More of a marketing ploy than anything. Still if it's as good as the original VTs itll be a great buy.

nah i wasnt worrying about maintenance, so would this amp supposedly sound better than say a cube 60??
also would it be loud enough to gig with, without the sound breaking up?

Quote by sevenatenine
preamp tubes. I thought they weren't out yet though

what are preamp tubes? and yep in england theyre out.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

It sounds better than a cube 60, but i doubt thats anything to do with the valves.
Should be loud enough to gig with, for small-medium gigs, but if not, you can probably use the house PA anyway.

Look into the the Valves Q&A in the stickes for info on valves.

Also, theyre out in july according to Imuso.

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01975

But i'd wait for people to try em out first and get some reviews on the models before jumping in.
Last edited by beckyjc at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by bodomfan666
would this amp supposedly sound better than say a cube 60??

Not for high-gain

edit: oops this is the XL version.

No one knows! it's not out yet
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by beckyjc
It sounds better than a cube 60, but i doubt thats anything to do with the valves.
Should be loud enough to gig with, for small-medium gigs, but if not, you can probably use the house PA anyway.

Look into the the Valves Q&A in the stickes for info on valves.

Also, theyre out in july according to Imuso.

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01975

But i'd wait for people to try em out first and get some reviews on the models before jumping in.

kk.. also the other thing i could do is this september ( my birthday ) is get a used 5150 head and then start saving for a cab from october onwards, i start work in october.

so then by the end of this year i could have a 5150 w/ a 4X12...would this be a better investment?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

It sounds great, no doubt about it. It does clean sounds beautifully. I found the perfect sound for Enter sandman on it, i was well pleased. But apparently the XL ones will be great for high gain too
Quote by bodomfan666
kk.. also the other thing i could do is this september ( my birthday ) is get a used 5150 head and then start saving for a cab from october onwards, i start work in october.

so then by the end of this year i could have a 5150 w/ a 4X12...would this be a better investment?

Well, erm... YES.
If you have the option to go valve especially to something the likes of a 5150 take it. Even if it does mean waiting, by the end of it you will be so happy you did. Like when I almost went for the Vox VT over saving for the laney. I'm so happy I didnt..
^ +1 to Becky
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia