ok so I am wondering how to raise my bridge so I can use my whammy bar the other way again. I was thinking just raise it then tune. is that a good idea? how do I raise the bridge on a strat???? please I need help I am really pissed off.
Quote by Orryn
It seems we don't ship products to where you are located. Perhaps if you make your way to our office in Somalia, we would be able to work something out.

Regardless of whether you come or not, we thank you for your bank details and cooperation.
vintage trems can't/ aren't supposed to move back only forward. raisng the bridge will increase the action.
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
loose up the back springs and then tune
try to leave it as parallel to the body as posible or you will have major tuning problems
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

laws of phisics down the dump....... volts and watts are the same
peppers if you are saying that it isnt supposed to go back i took it in for a setup and they made the bridge how i described it and i want to put it back.
Quote by Orryn
It seems we don't ship products to where you are located. Perhaps if you make your way to our office in Somalia, we would be able to work something out.

Regardless of whether you come or not, we thank you for your bank details and cooperation.
why not try licking the bridge and then selitaping cats to your guitar
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
ya thats nice^^
Quote by Orryn

Quote by the_triangle
ok so I am wondering how to raise my bridge so I can use my whammy bar the other way again. I was thinking just raise it then tune. is that a good idea? how do I raise the bridge on a strat???? please I need help I am really pissed off.

Loosen the springs a bit in the cavity on the back of your guitar. Then reintonate it.
Loosen the springs by unscrewing the screws a bit on the claw.

Quote by XibanezedgeX
I have a begginers Ibanez that I set up to float that also stays in better tune then when it was set up normaly
you need to make sure the string tension is equal across the block
so the claw will be crooked
you also have move the springs around in a certain pattern
i have mine like this:
X1X23- claw
1XX23- bridge block
as you can see i also have only 3 springs
another thing you must do is loosen all 6 of the screws ontop of the bridge and then tigten the other 2 again
then get some graphite (take a pencil; sharpen it; get sand paper adn sand of the point; collect dust; repeat) aand mix it with a tiny bit of vasaline and lube the nut with it
also when you put on strings try to only wrap the string around the caspian twice
the tuning stability is better this way
I have the back of my bridge floating about 1/4 inch of the body and the claw screws set so that the one on the right side is shorter and the claw is about 10-15 degrees tilted
all guitars are differnet so you just have to expirement with spring placements/ claw angle and such
its not just one trick to get it right but many
it'l take awhile to get it back in tune but after you do it stays in tune

Quote by XibanezedgeX
Back Cavity:

The Bridge (floating)

The Bridge (note the 6 screws and how they are tightened)

The tuners (minamal wraps around the caspain)

Last but not least, the nut (the white thing) use a toothpick to apply your vasaline/graphite mixture into the slots:

Sorry for the really big pics
Image shack wasnt working so I had to use tiny pic
Whatever works for your guitar. Eventually I'm going to make a video showing a tuner and show the tuning before and then have some whammy abuse then show the tuning after. I keep hearing people say "OTONOESS!!! VintGae tRemololololol bad nOmattEr whatt!" & "Ur Screwz r kroooked itz gona breaAk!!1"
Some video proof will shut them up and show everyone it works.