Page 1 of 919
Use this thread, and this one only for discussion about consoles, pc gaming and anything else video gaming related, and that includes questions like 'what console should I get?'

Edit: Just a note, if I happen upon any form of flaming of a console or company, reminiscent of kids bickering in a playground, I will warn crush you. Sincerely, your Moderator.

Oh man this thread got FBI'd ^

Yes, I put 'only' in capitals to make it more official....

Anyway, video game fans with lots of money, come hither! No longer will UG have to endure the plethora of incessant vs or help threads, this is where it ends!

I just bought a Premium 360, with Gears Of War and Fozra Motorsport 2 (included). I also bought Dead Rising and Crackdown, and, let me tell you, it was a wise decision. I must of played Crackdown for seven hours straight today.

Please refrain from turning this into an argument. Respect other peoples decisions to cheap out and go for a Wii....

UG ONLINE FRIEND FINDER
Last edited by _Mayday_ at Nov 23, 2007,
I'd really like a 360 and a Wii. Personally, I like dick.
Choo choo!
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I love the wii. It's cheaper, but way more fun. You can play bomberman '93 on that thing
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Im torn between a 360 and a Wii i think the PS3 is a huge piece. I have a feeling the wii is what i will end up going with.
I thought the PS3 v 360 v Wii thread was already labeled by the mods as the only next-gen colsole thread?

Anyway, im a PS3 owner, and its 100% worth the money in my opinion. I'm intregued by the other two though, they definately have qualities i like. However, im concerned by the amount of hardware failures in 360s.

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'd really like a 360 and a Wii. Personally, I think the PS3 is headed down the failroad.

Choo choo!

I understand why you might think that, but i highly doubt it. The 360 may have more games out, but the amount of games actually worth buying is about the same as the wii and the PS3. And with HD-DVDs now being outsold by Blu-ray 5 to 1 (in the uk at least), i'd say the PS3 is far from beaten yet.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
I'm most likely getting a 360 for Christmas, and the Special Edition GTA IV and the Pelican Air Flo 360.

Anyone who has a 360 needs to get one of these. With the 360 really bad overheating problem, this will help/cure it. It's the best cooling fan for the 360 on the market at the moment, and only $30.

I'm only asking for GTA IV, though, because that's all my mom will be able to afford. I mean, those three things add up to around $520, and I said I wouldn't mind having the XBOX Live Gold kit, but that's an extra $80.

But, yea, GTA IV looks AMAZING. I honestly can't wait. That game will last me for who knows how long.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
You never know, GTA IV might be in a bundle with the console at that time and the money you save on it can go towards the gold membership.

Quote by MattIgoe0108
I thought the PS3 v 360 v Wii thread was already labeled by the mods as the only next-gen colsole thread?

Anyway, im a PS3 owner, and its 100% worth the money in my opinion. I'm intregued by the other two though, they definately have qualities i like. However, im concerned by the amount of hardware failures in 360s.

I understand why you might think that, but i highly doubt it. The 360 may have more games out, but the amount of games actually worth buying is about the same as the wii and the PS3. And with HD-DVDs now being outsold by Blu-ray 5 to 1 (in the uk at least), i'd say the PS3 is far from beaten yet.

I doubt Blu-Ray is outselling HD 5-1. Do you have a source for that? PS3's success is completely reliant on whether Blu-Ray becomes the defacto standard or not.

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by MattIgoe0108
You never know, GTA IV might be in a bundle with the console at that time and the money you save on it can go towards the gold membership.

Even so, I want the special edition.

It would be great as abundle, but thay metal safety deposit package to pass up.

I mean, it's a big metal box, with GTA II and a bunch of goodies in it. What could be better?

Don't bring up the Halo Legendary edition with the helmet.... I know it owns it.....=[

Saxo-Walrus

Blu-ray better go the way of betamax. Sony are a bunch of dirty crooks.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Smokey Amp
I doubt Blu-Ray is outselling HD 5-1. Do you have a source for that? PS3's success is completely reliant on whether Blu-Ray becomes the defacto standard or not.

I misread the original article, its actually the players which are being outsold. However, to be honest, thats even worse.

I have more than one source

Source 1 Source 2
Source 3

And when you consider blockbuster have now prioritized blu-ray, thats an even bigger blow.

Source

The format war isn't over just yet, but if what you said is true, then i'd be quite confident in the PS3 if i were sony right now

Quote by _Mayday_
Yes, I put 'only' in capitals to make it more official....

Anyway, video game fans with lots of money, come hither! No longer will UG have to endure the plethora of incessant vs or help threads, this is where it ends!

I just bought a Premium 360, with Gears Of War and Fozra Motorsport 2 (included). I also bought Dead Rising and Crackdown, and, let me tell you, it was a wise decision. I must of played Crackdown for seven hours straight today.

Please refrain from turning this into an argument. Respect other peoples decisions to cheap out and go for a Wii....

A premium 360? It wasnt just a regular one, there was something special about it?
It comes with more.

It comes with a wireless controller, the universal 360 remote, a XBOX Live subscription, and some other little perks.

The hard drive's bigger too, if I'm not mistaken.

Saxo-Walrus

I've got a 360, and have several games for it (CoD2, CoD3, Crackdown, Oblivion, GH2, Halo 3 on reserve, ect). I'm thinking about buying a Wii sometime this summer after playing a friend's.

Just saw some screenshots of the new Ninja Gaiden for PS3. Has anybody played it? It looks sweet. That and MGS4 are the two things that make me want a PS3...not worth the $600 IMO though.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Yeah, there are some really nice looking games coming out for the PS3, especially the two you mentioned, but you're right, its not worth it just for two games, thats what put me off buying the 360.

I got a 360 when they first came out, then I got Gears of War when that came out and completed tjat. However I got rid of that....don't quite remember why.

Anyway, I'm considering get a Wii at some point this Summer or Autumn and then maybe a PS3 for Christmas, I don't want another 360 as I'm not a big fan of Xbox, or of the games for Xbox.

Also, in the argument 360 vs PS3 v Wii, I reckon the Wii is the one to watch.
I got a 360, it kicked the bucket, but I revived it with the towel trick and it's been working like a (very loud) charm since. Plenty of great games for it, and a great online service. At the moment the PS3 has no exclusive games the really appeal to me, plus it's so damned expensive. Wii looks like a fun console, but again no games that appeal to me aside from Zelda.
Quote by musicianamedave
I've got a 360, and have several games for it (CoD2, CoD3, Crackdown, Oblivion, GH2, Halo 3 on reserve, ect). I'm thinking about buying a Wii sometime this summer after playing a friend's.

Just saw some screenshots of the new Ninja Gaiden for PS3. Has anybody played it? It looks sweet. That and MGS4 are the two things that make me want a PS3...not worth the $600 IMO though.

MGS4 is going multi-platform, I've heard.

Quote by fallenangel20

Anyone who has a 360 needs to get one of these. With the 360 really bad overheating problem, this will help/cure it. It's the best cooling fan for the 360 on the market at the moment, and only $30.

I hope that runs better than the Nyco intercooler. That thing is the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the discomfort of owning.

Funny story about it. My 360, like just about every other one, was quite loud when on. I bought the intercooler, put it on, and it was tons louder. That was expected though. After about 2 weeks of using it my 360 started to heat up even worse than w/o the intercooler and it was causing power failures. I took the thing off and chucked it out the window. Now my 360 runs quiet as a mouse and I can leave it on over night and it hardly heats up.
Quote by Smokey Amp

All speculation at this point (though it seems likely). Rumour also speaking of the multiformatting of FF series? That would be nice
Quote by Smokey Amp

Really? Hmmm, interesting. I didn't think that would happen, since all the other ones have been for Playstation.

...although I guess I could see it happen, since they came out for Windows.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
FF was always going to leave the playstation, it really wouldn't surprise me if it was multiplatform for the next one.

And as far as i know, the only confirmed port from PS3 to 360 (not the other way round for a change ) is Devil May Cry 4.

Quote by musicianamedave
Really? Hmmm, interesting. I didn't think that would happen, since all the other ones have been for Playstation.

Thing is, it's just good economics for the publisher, console brand loyalty is a tiny factor really. It's all bout the MONEY!
Quote by MattIgoe0108
FF was always going to leave the playstation, it really wouldn't surprise me if it was multiplatform for the next one.

You talk about FF like it's exclusive to Playstation.

...It started on the Nintendo, my friend.

Quote by musicianamedave

MSG Twin Snakes was on the cube.

Quote by Smokey Amp
MSG Twin Snakes was on the cube.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that one...mainly because I never played that one.

Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
FF is leaving the playstation!?

Nobody told me
Well to hell with the PS3 if that's the case!

Final Fantasy was a Nintendo exclusive until, what, FF6 or FF7?
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Hideo Kojima has said time and time again that MGS will never touch a XBOX console. Ever.

He IS planning on a creating a game for the 360, but not a MGS game.

And Final Fantasy MIGHT, but I don't see it happening. Square and Sony have too many ties, same goes for Nintendo, to take FF to the 360.

Blue Dragon looks sweet, though.

And I've decided that the order I'm going to get each console will be 360, then Wii, then PS3.

I love the PS3, they're amazing consoles, and Home looks great, but I'm not going to dish out the $600 until they have a VERY solid game list, which should be next year sometime.

With games like Unreal Tournament, Killzone 2, Lair, MGS4, FF XIII, and the like, things are really looking up for Sony, but it will take a good year or so until I feel I should buy one.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by musicianamedave

I could actually see MGS coming to 360 from a mile away. M$ has all the cash right now and they're getting their grubby little hands on anything they can. Hell, they paid millions of dollars to get downloadable content exclusively for the 360 for GTA:IV.

Quote by fallenangel20
Hideo Kojima has said time and time again that MGS will never touch a XBOX console. Ever.

Money talks. If he wants it to sell in the US it will end up on the 360 eventually, even if it isn't the same time as the PS3 release.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by Smokey Amp
You talk about FF like it's exclusive to Playstation.

...It started on the Nintendo, my friend.

I know, they were the best ones .

But from 7 onwards, aside from a couple of PC ports, it has been PS exclusive for 10 years now. Its time it moved on. Back to nintendo would be good, expecially with FF3 now on the DS (albeit with mixed reviews )

ps3 = fail, at least over here in the states

wii and 360 are neck and neck but i think the wii will prevail solely on the fact that it is innovative and the 360 isnt
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by fallenangel20

Wasn't MGS released on PC and published by Microsoft, and then MGS2 (very bad conversion) was released on Xbox?
When Xbox 360 first came out I bought it. After the first 3 I went through I bought a PS3. Works like a dream havent had a single problem. Xbox 360 is a cheaply made piece of poop. Once you buy PS3 thats it no more extra things. When you xbox a 360 sure its $100 cheaper but when you need a controller charger, added HD-DVD drive, Xbox Live and a bunch of new warranties your pretty much poor for the rest of the year.

Get PS3 NOW! It will be worth it in the long run.

Im not even going to comment on Wii because its not next-gen at all in my eyes. It just a kids toy like everything else Nintendo puts out.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Last edited by PaintOurSilence at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by Cyberbob
Wasn't MGS released on PC and published by Microsoft, and then MGS2 (very bad conversion) was released on Xbox?

They were as far as i know, but it was subsistence or something that was released on the xbox, rather than the original game. I think its because of bad ports in the past that konami/kojima are being wary, but its by no means ruled out.