Hey everybody,
Quick question.
Ive been looking to buy this Gibson SG faded for some time now. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=517222
I was hoping to get it and put in a Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded pickup set in her too. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Hot-Rodded-Humbucker-Set-?sku=300030

Thoughts??
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
Instead of buying the pickups, put that money towards a better SG. Buy used, and you can probably get a standard for that much, a special at the very least. I got my standard for $600. Shop around, and you'll do so much better.

edit: and get a new amp head, amp before guitar, always.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Instead of buying the pickups, put that money towards a better SG. Buy used, and you can probably get a standard for that much, a special at the very least. I got my standard for $600. Shop around, and you'll do so much better.

edit: and get a new amp head, amp before guitar, always.

You think so? I've heard that the special faded is pretty much the exact same just the pickups arent up to par...
Guitars:
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
trust me, you'll regret it. they sell it for $579 for a reason. the finish is like 50 times uglier in person, the pictures make it look much nicer. brushing a feather against it will scratch it, it's so bad. You have enough money to get a used special or standard, so get one of those.

Or you could get a new amp, which would be a much better decision. Sell the avt and you'll get like $250-300. Add that to what you have now and you could have a nice all tube marshall.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
trust me, you'll regret it. they sell it for $579 for a reason. the finish is like 50 times uglier in person, the pictures make it look much nicer. brushing a feather against it will scratch it, it's so bad. You have enough money to get a used special or standard, so get one of those.

Or you could get a new amp, which would be a much better decision. Sell the avt and you'll get like $250-300. Add that to what you have now and you could have a nice all tube marshall.

The finish isnt that bad dude. its meant to be faded to give it a vintage look.
Guitars:
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
have you ever held one? get a real one, and give it the vintage look yourself. over time, it fades a little bit and all that fun stuff.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
From what I've heard (I haven't played one) Fadeds aren't that bad. However, Standards > Faded (I have played a Standard, and everything leads me to believe so), so if you can get a Standard get one. But as Sid said, get an amp before a guitar. Most of your tone comes from your amp, always remember that.

If you want to know more about the faded, pm auranos or YOUNGBL00D, they know a lot about them.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult