Page 1 of 6

All right guys, now that the Gold Cup is over (Mexico deserved to win, Omar Bravo was cheated out of a penalty), the Copa América is here.

To be held in Venezuela from June 26-July 15, the Copa América is South America's answer to the Euro Cup; with Mexico and the United States being the two invitees.

Copa América
Copa América 2007
Copa América 2007 - Offical Site (Spanish)

Countries confirmed to participate:

-Venezuela
-Argentina
-Bolivia
-Brazil
-Chile
-Colombia
-Ecuador
-Mexico
-Paraguay
-Peru
-Uruguay
-United States

I'm a fan of Mexico, hoping they'll win. So let's get started, it begins in two days.

EDIT/UPDATE: The four teams still in the cup are Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico.

The match-ups will be:
URUGUAY VS. BRAZIL - JULY 10
VS.

&

MEXICO VS. ARGENTINA - JULY 11 (should be an incredible match)
VS.

¡Si Se Puede México!
Last edited by JeffWiredBeck24 at Jul 10, 2007,
One word:

Brazil.

Edit: Links don't work...
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Has a Surf Music band
Copa America is South America's answer to Euro. Mexico and the USA are only invitees.

In upcoming years I'd like to see this and the Gold cup combined into a super competition.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Quote by scheck006
Copa America is South America's answer to Euro. Mexico and the USA are only invitees.

In upcoming years I'd like to see this and the Gold cup combined into a super competition.

That won't happen, the Gold Cup is exclusively CONCACAF.
Quote by scheck006

More than a super team crushing, I just imagine myself watching Cuba or Guatemala playing versus Brazil or Argentina. I think its better the way it is.

Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
Quote by millencolin182
More than a super team crushing, I just imagine myself watching Cuba or Guatemala playing versus Brazil or Argentina. I think its better the way it is.

There would obviously be qualifiers
Quote by Gibson Phoney
I like this because I have no allegance with any team

Mexico FTW!

Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I look forward to the new faces on the USA team even if we do poorly, which, looking at our group I'm not too optimistic right now.
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Yes! Did you know Fonseca won't be going?

Yes, that's crazy I think that Bravo should be out, he is ****.
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75

Argentina for me. Go Lionel Messi, worlds best player

Visca el Barcá! Viva Argentina! Viva Messi!

Messi will rip Copa America part.
Quote by Izz
Argentina for me. Go Lionel Messi, worlds best player

Visca el Barcá! Viva Argentina! Viva Messi!

Messi will rip Copa America part.

Wrong.

Guardado wins.
Haha Messi is truly amazing, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the best in the world. I will have to say that I think Argentina should do very well and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the final.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by absinthe5765
What channel is it gunna be on?

I presume the big match-ups will be on ESPN, the rest on Fox Soccer Channel; however, I'll be watching them all on Univision, Galavision, all the Spanish-speaking channels.
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
I presume the big match-ups will be on ESPN, the rest on Fox Soccer Channel; however, I'll be watching them all on Univision, Galavision, all the Spanish-speaking channels.

I checked the FSC schedule for tomorrow and its says its showing EPL repeats from last year...goddamnit.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by d. b. cooper
I checked the FSC schedule for tomorrow and its says its showing EPL repeats from last year...goddamnit.

Really? That sucks. That's the main problem with FSC, they only pay attention to the EPL.
I've lost all hope in Mexico to win, however, I hope a not mediocre team to kick us out next time.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by The Lucifer Sam
One word:

Brazil.

Edit: Links don't work...

i don't think brazil would win...a lot of their best players aren't playing (ronaldo, ronaldinho, kaka...) my vote goes to peru (i'm peruvian ) or argentina
Last edited by giancarlosoldi at Jun 26, 2007,
Quote by Xodah
I've lost all hope in Mexico to win, however, I hope a not mediocre team to kick us out next time.

Fonseca isn't going

As long we don't lose to the United States like we did not too long ago.
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Fonseca isn't going

As long we don't lose to the United States like we did not too long ago.

I don't consider Fonseca a relevant member of the team, on the other hand, I'm not sure about Torrado, Pardo and Salcido.
Quote by Xodah
I don't consider Fonseca a relevant member of the team, on the other hand, I'm not sure about Torrado, Pardo and Salcido.

I'll have to disagree about Pavel, I think he's great. However, wouldn't you rather have Fonseca on the team rather than that arrogant ass that is Cuauhtémoc Blanco?
Quote by giancarlosoldi
i don't brazil would win...a lot of their best players aren't playing (ronaldo, ronaldinho, kaka...) my vote goes to peru (i'm peruvia ) or argentina

Brazil won the last Copa America with their back up team.
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
I'll have to disagree about Pavel, I think he's great. However, wouldn't you rather have Fonseca on the team rather than that arrogant ass that is Cuauhtémoc Blanco?

Even tough I hate him, his arrogance and his team (America, I'm a Chivas man myself) I have to say that he's an excellent player, It is actually sad that we still have to resort to such player as one of the main men.
Quote by Xodah
Even tough I hate him, his arrogance and his team (America, I'm a Chivas man myself) I have to say that he's an excellent player, It is actually sad that we still have to resort to such player as one of the main men.

.............I'm an Atlas man. I suppose we can make peace for the duration of the tournament.
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
.............I'm an Atlas man. I suppose we can make peace for the duration of the tournament.

Sure we can.
Quote by Masamune
Brazil won the last Copa America with their back up team.

yea but because they scored in the last minute and went to PKs...the game was really close and argentina didn't have messi (one of my favorite players)
Argentina FTW!

...and I don't think Brazil will win...may of their players said they were too tired to play....

Oh..and
TEVEZ FTW!
Last edited by tincho729 at Jun 26, 2007,
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Starts today.

Anyone hear of the riot in Argentina? One person dead.

yeah..someone died in a dispute over a football match...that's just not right..

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
As long as Argentina doesn't win I'll be appeased.

Why? I think they' re the most likely to win
Last edited by tincho729 at Jun 26, 2007,
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

All right guys, now that the Gold Cup is over (Mexico deserved to win, Omar Bravo was cheated out of a penalty), the Copa América is here.

To be held in Venezuela from June 26-July 15, the Copa América is South America's answer to the Euro Cup, with Mexico and the United States being the two invitees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_America">Copa América
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América_2007">Copa América 2007

Countries confirmed to participate:

-Venezuela
-Argentina
-Bolivia
-Brazil
-Chile
-Colombia
-Ecuador
-Mexico
-Paraguay
-Peru
-Uruguay
-United States

I'm a fan of Mexico, hoping they'll win. So let's get started, it begins in two days.

Yea, man i watched every single Mexico game.I even went to see them play against Cuba.I like it so much since my parents are from Mexico. I was so pissed off when they lost against USA.I felt that if USA got the penalty,Mexico should have gotten it too, when they pushed Omar Bravo.I really hope Mexico beats Brazil today.I'm a real big fan of Andres Guarado and Omar bravo.They're real good players,especially Guardado.Borgetti, Bautista, and castillo are also great. mexico!
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!