Hi ..what can i get for 700 USD ? .... im getting this basically to play stuff like zepplin, the eagles ...jeff beck ...etc ..... i was considering an epi les paul...but ive heard some horrible things about the quality of epi les pauls ..stuff like frets popping up and controls not working after a while ...is it true that they quality is that bad ? ....what are the other options i have ?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-50s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510136

the classic series 50's strat.

or, an epiphone les paul but spend $200 on new pickups, new electronics, and new everything.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by inlovewithmusic
Hi ..what can i get for 700 USD ? .... im getting this basically to play stuff like zepplin, the eagles ...jeff beck ...etc ..... i was considering an epi les paul...but ive heard some horrible things about the quality of epi les pauls ..stuff like frets popping up and controls not working after a while ...is it true that they quality is that bad ? ....what are the other options i have ?

high end Epi's are the same or better than low end Gibsons
would it be better to get a fender for the money ? .... i mean in terms of value for the money ....can i get a better fender for the model than an epi ?
strat, what are you thinking?
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
I can see low end Epis having those problems, but from the Plain Top and on up I find the quality to be decent. I've had my Standard for 2 years now and the only issue I've had was switch breaking when it fell. Try out a Custom..

Fender however has some nice stuff for $700... the 72 Custom Tele or the Deluxe tele.
STRAT!

you can get a deluxe players strat for about 650. mexican made guitar, but upgraded with american pickups
if u want blues, try the epiphone sheraton
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
I'm gonna differ here and say go with a Schecter.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Click here

Nuff said.

And to all daisy rock guitar owners out there, i kid thee!

btw, this is a joke lol. i'd say tele.
Quote by ECistheBest
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-50s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510136

the classic series 50's strat.

or, an epiphone les paul but spend $200 on new pickups, new electronics, and new everything.

^^^ perfect advice

that strat is the ebst guitar you can get for that pricerange and if you change an epis pickups it will become a better guitar than most low end gibsons
c-1 classic anyone?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
well...go to a store and play some strats / lps...

i'd say those are the 2 most common/versatile guitars out there, and you have to decide whether you prefer singles or hums...

also you could get a hum in the bridge of a strat, but i think the strat bridge is too good of a pickup to waste...especially for a blues player
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.