I have a few questions about installing lace sensors in my Mustang. First, I assume that no routing would be needed (they're the same single-coil size, as far as I can tell), but if for some reason that's not true I should probably know now . Because of the difference from most pickups, would they have to be wired very differently? And, probably most importantly, what would having red lace sensors in both neck and bridge sound like? If the answer's "like crap", any suggestions for other combos or pickups? Thanks in advance

EDIT: Oh, right, musical style... Classic rock, funk, garage rock, but nice cleans would be good too.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
I have Red Laces in my strat and I love the sound. They can handle cleans aswell as distorted tones well, but I don't know that much about the wiring etc
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Alright, thanks, I thought they looked/sounded just about perfect for what I wanted but felt I should hear some positive feedback from someone before buying em.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
I think the lace sensor red is more or less designed for the bridge position. I don't know if it would sound too trebley or too muddy in the neck. I believe with lace sensors a kinda classic pairing is red in bridge, blue in neck - and if its a strat, silver in the middle. They were fitted as standard on some fender strats in the 80s and 90s.
Fender Strat Build
Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster MEX
Fender Telecaster USA

Laney LC50-II
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
ProCo TheRat
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Ernie Ball 6166
Line 6 DL4
Line 6 TP UX2
Blue in the neck, eh? Could you describe what the blues are like?
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
I have blues in my strat. They're excellent.
I actually have some for sale in my signature, check them out if you wish!
The blues are made to sound like a late 50's paf. So it's warmer, and smoother than a red, which would sound more like a crunchy humbucker.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, I'll look into the blue-red combination. I may well take you up on one of your pups, darkarbiter.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
All right. Although the hotrails i'm selling is a good pair with it (they sound really good combined, with the neck pickup's tone turned down all the way).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, I only have master tone
El Gearo: