Ok, I'm building a guitar but i want the body to be really original and creative. It's a strat shaped body (from a cheap strat copy), completely sanded down. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!
Gear: USA Strat, Mex Strat, Epi LP, a chinese Cheapocaster, yamaha accoustic, old classical guitar
Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board
Dunlop Crybaby-Boss CS3-Little Big Muff-MT2-OD3-CH1-DD3-GT8
Fender Pro 185
Marshall DSL201
OOOH OOOH Keep it exactly how it is, except maybe....umm...YEA. Put-get this- a HANDLE in the body! So you can cary it easier! That would look REALLY COOL. And then, put some Artist's name on the headstock, and call it a whole new guitar! And don't give Fender any Royalties for copying them in every way except for the REALLY COOL HANDLE!!!
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
uhh, you're asking us for creative guitar ideas? here's an idea- think of it yourself.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Do an Evh, nobody ever does that.

In all seriousness, I think a burst with some kind of a design in it would look cool.
Smash it, then glue it back together. It'll sound and look great.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by cashewchaching
OOOH OOOH Keep it exactly how it is, except maybe....umm...YEA. Put-get this- a HANDLE in the body! So you can cary it easier! That would look REALLY COOL. And then, put some Artist's name on the headstock, and call it a whole new guitar! And don't give Fender any Royalties for copying them in every way except for the REALLY COOL HANDLE!!!

Errrrrr... what? Are you saying that the only difference between a JEM and a Strat is the handle?
He does have a point. While the JEM has many more differences than a strat, it is a superstrat shape with the handle in it, and the original superstrat did copy off the strat shape and just made it sharper. I think he is just refering to the shape rather than the entire guitar.
Of course the Superstrats were based on a Strat. My best assumption tells me that's where the name originates... However, the JEM (or even the Ibanez Universe) was hardly the first, and they're certainly just a mere droplet in the vast ocean of various double-cut guitars with a shape that more or less roughly resembles a Strat. So I don't see why anybody would harbor a particular resentment against a JEM based solely on the fact that it's got a few features in common with the old Fender geezer.
O I dont have any resentment against Fender strats and tele's, but the others.....
Quote by Pikka Bird
Errrrrr... what? Are you saying that the only difference between a JEM and a Strat is the handle?

Precisely. They made the cutaways and edges sharper, and added a handle.
Most of Ibanez's other Stratocaster knock-offs didn't even add the handle.

They prettymuch metal-ized the Stratocaster, and called it their own brand new guitar.
That's all ibanez does, is copy other companies. I know they have one that's the Gibson Explorer. I think it's the Destroyer, or something.
All they do is make the strat worse, and less versitale.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching

They prettymuch metal-ized the Stratocaster, and called it their own brand new guitar.
That's all ibanez does, is copy other companies. I know they have one that's the Gibson Explorer. I think it's the Destroyer, or something.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? A strat and a JEM couldn't be more different.
Necks are completly different.
Ibanez used a different style of bridge on their guitars.
Different pickups (paf pros and standard strat pickups varies quite a lot).
Don't forget the smart output-jack
The only thing that i can agree on is the shape, but comon, the guitars couldn't be more different. An exception is the jem singlecoil that sounds similar to a fender singlecoil.

And making it less versitile? WTF?
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by cashewchaching

Dude, you're delusional. And I still don't understand why you're targeting the JEM. There are so many things wrong with what you're saying, and this has nothing to do with whether anyone is being an Ibanez fanboy or not. They're just way different. Saying that the JEM is the same as a less versatile Strat is like saying a Les Paul is just a high-gain Tele.

Besides, 95% of all guitar manufacturers used to make Superstrats a few years ago, so get off your vendetta against Ibanez.
Quote by cashewchaching

They weren't the first...If you really wanted to be mad at someone..:roleyes: Go and write Jackson or Kramer an angry letter. Or Charvel. Maybe Eddie Van Halen...