Hi,
I have a couple questions on the Line 6 TonePort and Gearbox, and IK Multimedia Amplitube 2.

1. Do you have to use GearBox with TonePort, or can you use it with Amplitube?

2. What is "Plug-in" and "Standalone" referring to on both Gearbox and Amplitube Software.

3. Is Amplitube Worth the $400?

Thanks,
burnthestringz
1. Led Zeppelin
2. AC/DC
3. The Beatles
4. Deep Purple
5. Black Sabbath
6. The White Stripes
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan
8. Steve Vai
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Foreigner
Not sure i can answer any of your questions directly to be honest! But i do own a toneport ux2. If you have a gearbox plugin you can effectively use all the effects from gearbox as effects when you're mixing the track e.g. you record a dry signal, then you open up cubase (or your other music software) and you can choose all the effects you'd normally be able to with gearbox. So instead of recording something 20 different times with different tones, you can record it once and then just change the sound afterwards.
Fender Strat Build
Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster MEX
Fender Telecaster USA

Laney LC50-II
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
ProCo TheRat
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Ernie Ball 6166
Line 6 DL4
Line 6 TP UX2
Quote by coolhandluke123
Not sure i can answer any of your questions directly to be honest! But i do own a toneport ux2. If you have a gearbox plugin you can effectively use all the effects from gearbox as effects when you're mixing the track e.g. you record a dry signal, then you open up cubase (or your other music software) and you can choose all the effects you'd normally be able to with gearbox. So instead of recording something 20 different times with different tones, you can record it once and then just change the sound afterwards.

Oh Okay, Thanks!

Can anyone answer my first question?
1. Led Zeppelin
2. AC/DC
3. The Beatles
4. Deep Purple
5. Black Sabbath
6. The White Stripes
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan
8. Steve Vai
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Foreigner