Page 1 of 2
There's a film coming out that takes a critical look at the Iraq war... And guess what? They too think America ****ed up! No way!

Check out the trailer

Any thought?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I want to see.

edit: God, do you think anyone is the White House watches stuff like this?
Who dat?
Another Liberal conspiracy. Stupid people and lazy bastards... they just want instant gratification.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by Anarion614
I want to see.

that's what i wondered about "Supersize Me."
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by E V H 5150
Another Liberal conspiracy. Stupid people and lazy bastards... they just want instant gratification.

x2 except this tiem they've got some people who worked for bush having a go,
or they may just be actors
Quote by Metal-X
No.. you see when one person stays on UG for to long, then they tend to lose there minds to the Pit monkeys. And well..... just watch for yourself

Quote by E V H 5150

They're not responsible for the mass murder of... how many Iraqi civilians and soldiers?
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Anarion614
I want to see.

Haven't you heard? George Bushs favorite movie is Team America!
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by E V H 5150

+1
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by E V H 5150

There's always one isn't there?
It's all simple logic to me. Marines are trained to kill, not police. What are they asked to do? Not to kill, but to police. But once they show how well their training payed off, they are court marshalled and sentenced for life. If they'd only let them go in and do their jobs instead of patty caking around with bull**** political correctness, we'd be much further along in Iraq than we are now. Oh God, please help us if Hillary steps into office. I'm moving to Canada, no doubt.
myspace.com/coffinslutcoffinslut
Quote by cold_steel
It's all simple logic to me. Marines are trained to kill, not police. What are they asked to do? Not to kill, but to police. But once they show how well their training payed off, they are court marshalled and sentenced for life. If they'd only let them go in and do their jobs instead of patty caking around with bull**** political correctness, we'd be much further along in Iraq than we are now. Oh God, please help us if Hillary steps into office. I'm moving to Canada, no doubt.

You're saying that you want the American soldiers to enter Iraq and just destroy everything in their path? This is wrong on so many levels, and if you can't see why it causes outrage then you're one ignorant *****. There are international laws meant to prevent this. The justification of the Iraq war was to take down Saddam and his government, not kill the citizens.

And we here in Canada don't march in to foreign countries and kill citizens either, sorry to disappoint.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by cold_steel

This isnt the political thread but you do realise that the coalition forces are now peacemaking. If they were to go in and do what they do best then America would get attacked alot more.

Who in America judges exactly who the terrorists are. I was watching something on Lima company the other day and they were told at one stage that EVERYONE in a specific city were "Bad". How did they get that intel that there was not one "good" american supporter in that entire city???
Quote by dazzler16
This isnt the political thread but you do realise that the coalition forces are now peacemaking. If they were to go in and do what they do best then America would get attacked alot more.

Who in America judges exactly who the terrorists are. I was watching something on Lima company the other day and they were told at one stage that EVERYONE in a specific city were "Bad". How did they get that intel that there was not one "good" american supporter in that entire city???

Terrorists: Enemy soldiers.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
You're saying that you want the American soldiers to enter Iraq and just destroy everything in their path? This is wrong on so many levels, and if you can't see why it causes outrage then you're one ignorant *****. There are international laws meant to prevent this. The justification of the Iraq war was to take down Saddam and his government, not kill the citizens.

And we here in Canada don't march in to foreign countries and kill citizens either, sorry to disappoint.

That's not what I'm saying at all. All I'm saying is that they should be able to go in and do their jobs, which in turn is to kill the opposing force. Much of what we do now, is stand around and get whacked by roadside bombs or snipers. Here's one for you, look up Juba, and tell me what you think. If congress would get their heads out of their own asses get with it, we wouldn't have this mess. Another FYI, we are at war. Although our left winged media doesn't like to show it, but the fact remains, we are at war. What comes with war? Civilian casualties. Been like that since the dawn of time my friend.
Quote by cold_steel

probaly the stupidest thing i have ever read on here.
I'm liberal. Let me explain our viewpoint: without attacks on the mideast going back 50 years, we wouldn't be at war. We are in Iraq because of Sept 11; Sept 11 because of soldiers on Islamic land; soldiers on Islamic land because of attacks on US/allies; attacks on US/allies because soldiers on Islamic...see the point?
Quote by cold_steel
That's not what I'm saying at all. All I'm saying is that they should be able to go in and do their jobs, which in turn is to kill the opposing force. Much of what we do now, is stand around and get whacked by roadside bombs or snipers. Here's one for you, look up Juba, and tell me what you think. If congress would get their heads out of their own asses get with it, we wouldn't have this mess. Another FYI, we are at war. Although our left winged media doesn't like to show it, but the fact remains, we are at war. What comes with war? Civilian casualties. Been like that since the dawn of time my friend.

The war was of your government's choosing. Iraq did nothing to spark such a war. Sure Saddam was violating an international treaty by not allowing weapons inspectors in, but an invasion sure as hell wasn't the right course of action. Now he's dead, we still haven't found any weapons (no way!) and there are hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
The war was of your government's choosing. Iraq did nothing to spark such a war. Sure Saddam was violating an international treaty by not allowing weapons inspectors in, but an invasion sure as hell wasn't the right course of action. Now he's dead, we still haven't found any weapons (no way!) and there are hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties.

That's the part that confuses me. WE gave Saddam BC weapons during the Reagan administration in hopes that they would use them against Iran. They didn't, but now they don't have the weapons we gave them. Odd.

Anyway, I'm seeing this movie the minute it comes out...though films like these don't often get movie theatre time in the south, so I guess I'm gonna have to get the DVD when it comes out (like with Supersize Me).
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Muphin

I'm guessing the slaughter of 150,000+ Kurds wouldn't have anything to do with it either now would it?
Quote by cold_steel
I'm guessing the slaughter of 150,000+ Kurds wouldn't have anything to do with it either now would it?

Using motherhood logic: Killing 150,000+ Iraqis won't bring back the Kurds
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by cold_steel

Yes, Saddam did gas Kurds...5000 of them...in 1988. Protecting Kurds wasn't why we invaded Iraq. Get over it.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Man, I hate America. Good thing these people are making films about what a terrible country we are. We really need more of them.

And Ill watch it, and love every minute of it.
The.
Quote by millerdrr
^another liberal in NC?! no way!

Oh, there's plenty of us down here. Ever been to Raleigh, or downtown Winston-Salem? There's tons of us!!!
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
^im from Wilkesboro originally, summerfield now (greensboro suburb). damn conservatives are like cockroachs, only the bugs spread less disease

EDIT they're both everywhere
Last edited by millerdrr at Jun 24, 2007,
Quote by cold_steel
Chemical Ali anyone?

Taken from Wikipedia:

He was nicknamed Chemical Ali by the Kurds for his use of chemical weapons in the al-Anfal Campaign, a campaign of genocide and forced population transfer (called "Arabization") that he led against Iraq's Kurdish minority between 1986 and 1988. According to Iraqi Kurdish sources, al-Majid openly boasted of this nickname.

Al-Majid was convicted for his role in many of the above mentioned actions before the Iraq Special Tribunal (IST), set up by the Iraq Interim Government charged with crimes against humanity and genocide. However, he has not yet been charged with the notorious chemical attack on Halabja in March 1988 in which 5,000 people died; the attack is being dealt with as a separate case which has yet to come to tria.

5000 Kurds.
Nothing to do with the 2003 Gulf War.
Phail.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by millerdrr
^checked profile. master of history...impressive. chapel hill?

Nope, but close. NC State. Plenty of friends at UNC though.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by millerdrr
still, pwnership for you

Yup yup. I was originally trying to get into the School of Design (NCSU has the 2nd best design school in the nation), but that didn't work so I decided on History.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/IraqCoverage/story?id=3311647&page=1

Saddam Hussein's cousin, also known as "Chemical Ali," was sentenced to death by an Iraqi high court today. He stood motionless, saying simply, "Thanks be to God," following the verdict.

Ali Hassan al-Majid and two other senior Iraqi officials were sentenced to hanging for genocide and war crimes for the two-year campaign against Iraqi Kurds, code named "Anfal" - Arabic for "spoils of war" - in which an estimated 180,000 Kurds were killed. The notorious attack that earned him his name - a chemical attack that killed 5,000 in the Kurdish village of Halabja - was not included in the charges.

Read?
top of the line aerospace engineering, too. thought about going there for that, but i went to ERAU in daytona instead. had to leave just before final semester though; my father was paying the bill and he didn't like my girlfriend (wife now)

^thought you didn't trust the liberal media...jk
Quote by Muphin

thats because everyone knows canadians are ****ing pussies

i agree with this kid, we should have just blown the **** out of Iraq which would be so easily done and no more Americans will die! then say oops and my bad, we still win!
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
I wasn't saying we should make a parking lot out of the middle east, I was saying that we should have went in clear headed, objectives in place, and no outside political influences. Just let our guys go in, do their work, and come home.
Quote by cold_steel
http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/IraqCoverage/story?id=3311647&page=1

Saddam Hussein's cousin, also known as "Chemical Ali," was sentenced to death by an Iraqi high court today. He stood motionless, saying simply, "Thanks be to God," following the verdict.

Ali Hassan al-Majid and two other senior Iraqi officials were sentenced to hanging for genocide and war crimes for the two-year campaign against Iraqi Kurds, code named "Anfal" - Arabic for "spoils of war" - in which an estimated 180,000 Kurds were killed. The notorious attack that earned him his name - a chemical attack that killed 5,000 in the Kurdish village of Halabja - was not included in the charges.

Read?

The lowest Darfur mortality number previously cited came from the World Health Organization. Last year it reported that 70,000 people had died, and many observers repeated this number without explaining it. WHO's estimate referred only to deaths during a seven-month phase of a crisis that has now been going on for 26 months. It referred only to deaths from malnutrition and disease, excluding deaths from violence. And it referred only to deaths in areas to which WHO had access, excluding deaths among refugees in Chad and deaths in remote rural areas. In other words, the 70,000 estimate from WHO was a fraction of a fraction of the full picture. The 60,000 number that Mr. Zoellick cited as low-but-possible is actually low-and-impossible.

Other authorities suggest that mortality is likely to be closer to 400,000 -- more than twice Mr. Zoellick's high number. The component of this estimate involving deaths by violence is based on a survey by the Coalition for International Justice, a nongovernmental organization operating under contract with the U.S. Agency for International Development, which asked 1,136 refugees on the Chad-Darfur border whether family members had died violently or gone missing. These interviews yielded a death rate of 1.2 per 10,000 people per day. Extrapolating for all of Darfur's displaced people, John Hagan of Northwestern University estimates that 140,000 people have died violently or gone missing since the start of the conflict. It's possible that the refugees in Chad experienced atypical rates of violence, making that extrapolation unfair. But a study of camps for displaced people within Darfur, published last October in the Lancet, a medical journal, found that more than 90 percent of fugitives had fled their villages because of violent attacks, making the extrapolation appear justified.

You don't see us invading Sudan, now do you?

Quote by 14shadesofblue
thats because everyone knows canadians are ****ing pussies

i agree with this kid, we should have just blown the **** out of Iraq which would be so easily done and no more Americans will die! then say oops and my bad, we still win!

Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Page 1 of 2