Hey everybody! I am searching for pickups to replace the pickups in my squier strat that i have now modded (refinished body and neck). Im looking for a raunchy blues tone similar to Stevie ray vaughn and buddy guy,yet a nice clean tone similar to john mayer and the like. If you dont think the specials or golds will cut it, reccomend me something! All help is deeply appreciated
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Look at stephens design pickups and lindy fralin pickups. I personally love my Texas Special pickups, but i regret not looking closely at the "boutique" brands i mentioned before buying mine.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Look at stephens design pickups and lindy fralin pickups. I personally love my Texas Special pickups, but i regret not looking closely at the "boutique" brands i mentioned before buying mine.

which ones would you reccomend.

p.s.-GO VOLS (since your tnfootbalfan)
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
^Having not owned any of them, it's hard for me to say. Listen to sound clips and such to get a feel for them.

Oh, and GO VOLS.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
if you're willing to shell out about $300, i'd suggest Kinman pickups. either the traditional mk-II set or the blues set for your musical tastes
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
I'm gonna 2nd the Stephens Design pickups. I'd recommend either the Mojos or the Tall Texans. I have a set of Mojo "V" pickups and they're outstanding. The site is www.sdpickups.com
Hi, I'm Peter