I've been hearing alot lately about the Fender ‘72 Telecaster Deluxe, as an exceptional guitar, without a peer.

So I was just wondering if anyone has played one of these, "god guitars", I know they were re-issued in 2004, but I hear they were much worse then the originals made sometime from 70's-80's.

So, are they a good deal, mainly for Blues/Jazz/Funk, occasional Reggae in a Slightly Stoopid, fashion. As well are the re-issues that much worse, and about how much would these go for, original and/or re-issued.

The Guitar
the reissues are $690 i think

the pickups aren't the same as the orignals, but you can get some reproduction ones from GFS
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
last time i played one at a store i immediately knew that i wanted it, it's neck is so good. im pretty sure they're about 700 bucks.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
They eat Epi & low end Gibson Les Pauls for breakfast. With the change to the proper pickups (the GFS recs will do) and pots (500K tone & 1000K Volume) to open them up I'd take it over a Gibson any day. But I'm a Fender guy and the 72' reissues that I've played are one of the biggest reasons for it.

Guitar Center get them in quite often if there's one in your area.
They eat Epi & low end Gibson Les Pauls for breakfast. With the change to the proper pickups (the GFS recs will do) and pots (500K tone & 1000K Volume) to open them up I'd take it over a Gibson any day. But I'm a Fender guy and the 72' reissues that I've played are one of the biggest reasons for it.

Guitar Center gets them in quite often if there's one in your area. Oh and if you're bigger on the Blues, Funk & Reggae rather than the Jazz a Baja Players Telecaster may be more in line for you. Apparently they're better than most American Teles because the design and electronics are done by the Fender custom shop, neck in Cali (all American and Mexican Fenders have necks made in America) and the body & final assembly is done in Mexico (which is why they're cheaper than American teles).