Page 1 of 51
Before today, I didn't believe in ghosts. I Just used the supernatural world for themes in my music, my art, and my imagination. My drummer, my friend Laura, and I went to an old abandoned Mental Institute today, a few hours ago. I just got back. Its called the Joeseph Ladd School, and it is located in Exeter, RI. Here is the site for the Virtual Museum: http://www.theladdschool.com/mythos.html

It was built in 1903 or something, and closed in 1997 after they found out that the doctors and staff were treating the patients badly; abusing them, starving them, killing them off, etc. There are 7 buildings, which include a poolhouse, a morgue, a cottage, a girls dormitory, and a boys dormitory, as well as the administration building.

Anyways, me and my friends left the house around 9 o clock, and got there around 10:30 (we got lost). We were scared ****less about getting caught by a cop (you can't be there, its trespassing and it would have gotten us thrown in jail). We silently walked down the dirt path, passing a few old houses, trying not to draw any attention to ourselves. When we finally managed to reach almost the center of the complex, we stopped to catch our breaths. There was a big open field on our left, and to our right there were many trees, and in the trees there was one of the buildings, the Administration building (called the Fogarty Building). We were just about to go there when we hear a car slowly rolling down to where we were standing. The sound of the car got closer, and my drummer and Laura jumped into the nearest bushes. At this point, my drummer whispered that he saw someone wearing a white coat, and was approaching us, so he threw the saw and crowbar that he had (to break into the boarded areas) as far as he could, so he wouldn't get in trouble with the cops (if they were cops). Then, I spotted a bush nearby, and just laid on the ground. The car now sounded like something really REALLY heavy was being dragged on the dirt, towards us. Then it stopped, and we heard shuffling footsteps, kicking up the rocks and rubble on the dirt path. Just remembering it is giving me a weird feeling. Laura then motioned to me that she had just seen the white coated man pass by us.

After I heard the footsteps, I thought it was definately a cop, and was waiting for them to turn their flashlight on in my face and take me downtown. I didn't think later to realize that the path was WAY too tiny to fit a car, let alone a cop car that would have to turn around, and I didnt hear an engine or a car door shut. We waited about a half hour, literally, when Laura comes out of the bush and looks in my direction, and whispers that there is no one there. We all get out of our spots and look, and there wasn't anything there. We started to go back to the exit for the school, thinking that maybe someone had called the cops on us and they were looking for us. Just as we are about to walk away, we hear 2 or 3 older female voices mumbling a language that we had never heard. It was something extremely weird, with alot of "buh" sounds and "Rrrr" sounds, and the moaning went on for a good 20 seconds or so. My drummer looks at me to confirm that we both heard the same thing, and laura was sitting on the ground crying silently because she became so frightened.

At this point, we decide not to stick around anymore, and we run for about 20 minutes to the exit. We are about to take the last steps out of the school when we hear a huge hitting sound, like someone bending a big metal sheet, or pounding on a locked door, and we hear 2 girl voices cry out in PURE terror. I had never heard any screams as genuine and as heartfelt as these, not even on amusement parks, actors, nothing. I shuddered, because you could really feel the pain that the voices were enduring, it sounded like they were being raped/murdered/tortured or something. We heard the voices extremely clearly, even though we were pretty far from where we had been earlier. The voices echoed in the sky, and we had all definately heard it. We ran to the car, and here I am now.

On the drive back home, no one wanted to mention that it could have been ghosts ,because it was one of those things were everyone is thinking it, but no one has the balls to say it because you feel nauseous and scared to even think that it would be possible. It wasn't until we were almost home that Laura brought it up and we discussed it and all its possibilities, but nothing made sense other than ghosts.

I am telling you, this was DEFINITELY real, and I didn't expect to actually hear or see anything. We are going sometime this week again, and I am bringing a video camera to finally prove to everyone that this crap is real. I still can't get over what I heard, and what my drummer and laura saw. I am still shaken, and probably won't sleep today or tomorrow

Anyways, to not make this a pointless thread, post your best ghost/supernatural experiences here!
Quote by garden of grey
Sounds fun, but I still don't believe in them

What you did sounds really cool though

Yeah dude, it was the most fun Ive had in my entire teenage life. I didn't believe in them either, and I still think most of the stories people tell you in real life and online are complete bull****, but its just really hard to swallow the fact that I experienced what I didn't believe in...some deep **** dude.

Quote by garden of grey
Sounds fun, but I still don't believe in them

What you did sounds really cool though

Try and film it, but don't become one of those losers who makes a big deal every time some blemish in the camera that is obviously not a ghost shows up.

Hell no dude. All that orb bull**** belongs in the same category as the crap that the fat mallgoth chicks believe in.
That's crazy man. Most screams in movies and whatnot are not really heartfelt. It must be overwhelming to hear a scream that is pure and sounds like someone is getting f*cked up.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
That's crazy man. Most screams in movies and whatnot are not really heartfelt. It must be overwhelming to hear a scream that is pure and sounds like someone is getting f*cked up.

Just remembering what the scream sounded like is getting me really nervous and uneasy, I just turned on my room light to secure myself . I feel like such a girl. I've never heard anything like it before.
Quote by insideac
We are about to take the last steps out of the school when we hear a huge hitting sound, like someone bending a big metal sheet, or pounding on a locked door, and we hear 2 girl voices cry out in PURE terror....

Those would be the screams from Laura, and your drummer.

But in all seriousness, that sounds really creepy, definitely go back there with a video camera.
fun.

I've never really seen ghosts, but I've been in really really old victorian houses and crap, and I've gotten that "feeling". That tingle down your back shuttering feeling.

We have this old museum here and that place always gives me the creeps.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Coolness. Ghosts don't make sense to me though. When we die, we leave our brains behind in our dead bodies. So wouldn't that mean that ghosts are brainless? That they have no memories? That they aren't even aware they're dead?

I don't know. It's weird to think about. But when you go back, keep your video camera hidden. I always feel like ghosts are trying to fuck with us, and if you brought a camera they wouldn't be as forthcoming.
Yeah its a good experience, the thrill of running/hiding from would-be cops, breaking and entering into abandoned, boarded up buildings in the middle of nowhere, etc.
Let me tell you a story to chill the bones, about a thing that I saw.
One night wandering in the everglades. I had one drink but no more.

I was rambling, enjoying the bright moonlight. Gazing up at the stars.
not aware of a presence so near to me. Watching my every move.

Feeling scared and I fell to my knees. As something rushed me from the trees.
Took me to an unholy place. And that is where I fell from grace.

and they summoned me over to join in with them. To the dance of the dead
In to the circle of fire I followed them. In to the middle I was led.

As if time had stopped still I was numb with fear, but still I wanted to go.
And the blaze of the fire did no hurt upon me. As I walked onto the coals.

And I felt I was in a trance. And my spirit was lifted from me
And if only someone had the chance. To witness what happened to me.

And I danced and I pranced and I sang with them. All had death in their eyes.
Lifeless figures they were undead all of them. They had ascended from hell.

As I danced with the dead my free spirit was laughing and howling down at me.
Below my undead body, just danced the circle of death.

Until the time came to reunite us both. My spirit came back down to me
I did not know if I was alive or dead. As the others all joined in with me.

By luck then a skirmish started. And took the attention away from me
When they took their gaze from me. Was the moment that I fled.

I ran like hell faster than the wind. But behind I did not glance
One thing that I did not dare. Was to look just straight ahead.

When you know that your time has come around. You know you'll be prepared for it.
Say your last goodbyes to everyone and Drink and say a prayer for it.

When you're lying in your sleep, when you're lying in your bed
And you wake from your dreams to go dancing with the dead
When you're lying in your sleep, when you're lying in your bed
And you wake from your dreams to go dancing with the dead

To this day I guess I'll never know. Just why they let me go.
But I'll never go dancing no more. Till I dance with the dead.
Quote by Alicee
Coolness. Ghosts don't make sense to me though. When we die, we leave our brains behind in our dead bodies. So wouldn't that mean that ghosts are brainless? That they have no memories? That they aren't even aware they're dead?

I don't know. It's weird to think about. But when you go back, keep your video camera hidden. I always feel like ghosts are trying to fuck with us, and if you brought a camera they wouldn't be as forthcoming.

Yeah, I also want to bring a sound recorder that way maybe I can catch something the video doesnt catch. I hope to eventually capture on tape what I heard tonight.
that would scare the shit out of me sooo much.

EDIT: so it was dark out I take it?
Last edited by IbanezPlayer27 at Jun 25, 2007,
hey ts keep me posted on this i m realinterested in this stuff.

send me vid when ur done or post or sumtin.

u seem cool dont get killed.

:]
Quote by CoreysMonster

Help I'm drowning in urine!

GO INTO THE WATER

Founder of Church of The Pit, also known as "Youjiz'em"

go to my profile and join the group.
Ahahahaa...I'd bet on it being 'high-school kids'.
One time me and a group of my buddies snuck into an old school, they had all the desks and chairs piled in the middle of the gym and had the mats laying around and ropes from the ceiling...We smashed all we could, computers, desks, filing cabinets, a friend of mine even pissed on some old text-books...Good times... in recollection we called it 'cheeseball', we were never caught :p ....Thats not really paranormal, but fun nonetheless.
dude, speaking of ghosts... we took pictures of my friend, and there was an orb that seemed to just be around him. It was really strange. We said stuff like "peanut (the dog that died), stand next to the lemon tree if you're really here". And sure enough, a brown orb showed up near the tree. Right were we pointed. It was effing weird. Anyone interested in seeing the pictures?
Quote by Mudmen190
One time me and a group of my buddies snuck into an old school, they had all the desks and chairs piled in the middle of the gym and had the mats laying around and ropes from the ceiling...We smashed all we could, computers, desks, filing cabinets, a friend of mine even pissed on some old text-books...Good times... in recollection we called it 'cheeseball', we were never caught :p ....Thats not really paranormal, but fun nonetheless.

how constructive.
Quote by Metallica rulz
ooh.. screaming ghosts like someone is being raped...sounds like a safe place to go back to and explore it further..

I'm almost positive that ghosts can't hurt you.
Back in high school when I used to watch some tv, I used to watch all these ghost story documentary type of shows and it would show the orbs and stuff. I think that's just bullsh*t. I believe some things and events are so powerful that the 'spirits' or 'souls' of the people involved with it stay. I don't know how they might manifest themselves but I think those screams you heard are a definite possibility of 'ghosts.' It's such a big mystery. I want to go drive to one of those abandoned institutions myself and see what the atmosphere is.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Mudmen190

No, because there is only one way to get in; If you tried getting in through the other side, there is a police academy and a laundry facility right in front of the entrance (that is locked and has a huge gate, by the way). You can only get in through the way we went in, and there is a certain area where you can park, its a small beaten path inside the forest about 10 minutes from where the school grounds start. When people go, they know to park there. We parked there and saw no cars, and no other cars fit there.
has anyone seen white noise?

on the DVD it has a how-to section..
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I am going to give you a warning now and I hope you take it to heart. Do not go deep into this. It will **** with your mind beyond repair. I know, I've been there and I'm glad to be out of it now. I've seen some things that can give you many sleepless nights. To anyone who doesn't believe, I can honestly say I wish I were that lucky.

Now, that aside, "ghost hunting" and having an experience though contact is the most intense adreneline rush you can possibly have. I've gone through recorded footage and caught images and sounds that were not there during the actual recording. I've felt breathing on my ears and neck and have heard voices. I have actually caught images of figures out of the corner of my eyes, but the scariest thing of all to happen...is malfunctioning equipement. When our lights flicker off after fresh batteries have been put in and the video cameras start kicking out after being fully charged, I ****ing leave. When that starts to happen it is NEVER a good sign.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
...wish there were places like that round these parts...
Quote by CoreysMonster

Help I'm drowning in urine!

GO INTO THE WATER

Founder of Church of The Pit, also known as "Youjiz'em"

go to my profile and join the group.
Whoa....so Rhode Island ISN'T completely useless!!!!!

I would have pissed myself, and just bawled the whole way home.

I probably wouldn't have went in the first place.... I'm a total pussy when it comes to shit like that.....

Sounds very exciting, though. I've always believed in ghosts, but I don't think I could experience that.

It would be a kickass story to tell, and it would be cool in the long run, but I would be too petrified during it all to do anything.

I see mylself just going limp and laying on the ground crying, and someone would have to carry me out of the place, and I'm a pretty big dude (height-wise).
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
that would scare the shit out of me sooo much.

EDIT: so it was dark out I take it?

Dude...we left my house at 10 pm... We stayed for about 2 hours. There are no lights for miles, except at the entrances, where one side has a few buildings, and the other side has a few houses, but they are miles apart.
I believe in ghosts.

You have some balls though. I'm so superstitious that I wouldn't even go near one of those kinds of places.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by insideac
No, because there is only one way to get in; If you tried getting in through the other side, there is a police academy and a laundry facility right in front of the entrance (that is locked and has a huge gate, by the way). You can only get in through the way we went in, and there is a certain area where you can park, its a small beaten path inside the forest about 10 minutes from where the school grounds start. When people go, they know to park there. We parked there and saw no cars, and no other cars fit there.

No, I mean A school, not the one there.
We snuck through a window...that we broke.
Well look at where you went! If you're gonna find ghosts they're gonna be there!
P.S. That adventure sounds like it pwned. +1 on the keeping-us-updated. I want to see the video.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Brandon860
I am going to give you a warning now and I hope you take it to heart. Do not go deep into this. It will **** with your mind beyond repair. I know, I've been there and I'm glad to be out of it now. I've seen some things that can give you many sleepless nights. To anyone who doesn't believe, I can honestly say I wish I were that lucky.

Now, that aside, "ghost hunting" and having an experience though contact is the most intense adreneline rush you can possibly have. I've gone through recorded footage and caught images and sounds that were not there during the actual recording. I've felt breathing on my ears and neck and have heard voices. I have actually caught images of figures out of the corner of my eyes, but the scariest thing of all to happen...is malfunctioning equipement. When our lights flicker off after fresh batteries have been put in and the video cameras start kicking out after being fully charged, I ****ing leave. When that starts to happen it is NEVER a good sign.

I would love to be more attuned to the other side, though.

Also, here is a picture of my drummer opening up a bathroom outside, near the administration building. It was extremely dark and the doors were really badly rusted.

there's an abandoned mental hospital near here too. crazy ladies always call the cops though.

i believe you, man. my friend's sister has a story about her and her friend. basically, what happened is it was late one night and they were on the couch watching TV in this one girl's house. it's about three in the morning and they're just chilling. suddenly they hear someone knock on the front door. they get scared but decide it must have been nothing. then it sounds like someones knocking on the window. they try to ignore it again, but then suddenly knocking is coming from all around the house, sounds like there's a riot outside of people just beating on the walls. so the girls are scared ****less now and they run up to the mom's room and they're freaking out. the girl goes into her mom's room and starts screaming frantically "mom! "mom! help! something's going on outside!" and the mom kinda mutters "... in a minute mary" in a really monotonous, drugged out, almost evil voice. and she says "mom hurry up!" again, "... in a minute, mary!" the girl panics "mom, what's wrong with you, you're scaring me!" and the girl turns on the light and her mom is laying on the floor in a diabetic coma. had they not gone up there when they did the mother would have died. to this day they insist it was her guardian angel knocking on the walls. it was something.

also when my great grandma died, who was like a mother to my mom, every day for like a month, whenever my mom went upstairs in the afternoon, the same picture of my great grandma was laying face down on the desk it was on. every day. for a month. i mean ... we have cats ... but every day for roughly a month?

that's like that episode of hey arnold with the ghost of the scientist that made baked beans in the apartment complex's basement at night. and that little short guy ernie brings out a mallet and is all serious like "you shouldn't mess with the unknown ... i messed with the unknown once .... i learned it the hard way"
#DTWD
Interesting...
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by insideac
Dude...we left my house at 10 pm... We stayed for about 2 hours. There are no lights for miles, except at the entrances, where one side has a few buildings, and the other side has a few houses, but they are miles apart.

hah there is a place like that a few miles from here but I've never even thought about going to it...

its not as freaky as that but, its an old school house a really really old one and I've heard stories and I am never gonna go there. hahah

Who ya gonna call?
(You know it had to be done. >.>

Nice encounter there. I'd love to go lookin' for ghosts, but I'm too much of a wimp. Flippin' terrified of ghosts, man...
Scyther of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.
take me with you
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
....iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days...

My friend has alot stories like this. He is sure his house is haunted, but I have yet to expierience anything in his house. He has this closet where he says strange things happen (ie random crashes, things falling over, voices, etc), and after one of his cats died, they put her ashes in there. That night, I was sleeping over, and I woke up and he was under a blanket freaking out about how the cat was attacking him

His parents also think the house is haunted. They hear voices, see things, etc. I don't know what to make of it all.