Ok so i was listening to some Trivium today, and i noticed something cool during the song "This World Can't Tear Us Apart"

After the solo, the rhythm guitar kicks in and plays a cool riff, but the sound is almost, muffled, it doesnt sound like the rest of the song.

Anyone with this song will hopefully know what i mean, its exactly 2:03 into the song.

Just curious to know why it has that sound.

Thanks to any help
its just cus its on a 7 string guitar and its super low, if u only have a 6 string than tune to B and you'll get near that sound, btw TRIVIUM RWNS!!!
It could be a lot of things. I don't think it's just because of a seven string, but it could be. It could be different amp settings, different production, palm muting, I don't know. I'd have to hear it.
<Han> I love Hitler
No, Trivium stated in an interview that they used a 7-string on that song, standard tuning with a low B
ohai little sig.
I'm not saying they didn't use a seven string, I'm just saying that's not necessarily what made it so muffled.
<Han> I love Hitler
i've never heard it, but it could be a pinch harmonic?
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
the guitar is by itself, isolated on the right, with no one else playing, but I wouldn't say it's muffled ... palm muted perhaps ...
Last edited by blue_strat at Jun 25, 2007,
My guess would be it's palm mutes with the palm further from the bridge. Haven't heard the song though, can't say for sure.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by blue_strat

Well, that song was horrible, but it was just regular palm muting. That last note was just because it was on a 7 string.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator