I was just watchinga football (soccer) match, a game betwwen Messina and Inter Milan and the coach for Messina just received a Red card ( which I think Materazzi should have got instead) but I was just curious.

What happens to a coach (or manager) if he receives a Red Card.
Sent out, and where i come from can be fined or banned from a match or two depending on what the did.
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
usually a fine, depends on what they've done. Also, they dont get sent from the stadium (in europe) usually, just to the dressing room i think
They are "Sent to the stands". Banned from the place at the side of the pitch, possibly the changing rooms for a few matches, maybe fined.
I remember Man Utd's manager had a sook and got red-carded. ( not a big soccer fan )

But it was funny in the A League (Australian soccer) when Adelaide's coach Kosmina pushed another player.

Link

Don't think he got red carded though.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I remember Man Utd's manager had a sook and got red-carded. ( not a big soccer fan )

Had a sook?
In England they send the manager to the stands, and they usually get a touchline ban of 1-3 matches, maybe more if it was a big incident.

Certain managers, such as Sam Allardyce of Newcastle, sit in the stands for part of the match and then loiter on the touchline for other parts.

Needless to say, all managers do if sent to the stands is to get their droogies to relay instructions.
yep sent to the stands and they can still talk to the assistant manager on a phone but he takes charge basically, and a few matches in the stands
Quote by Alix_D
Certain managers, such as Sam Allardyce of Newcastle....

That's quite refreshing to read Still a pleasant event for us.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Goes away from the stadium, and gets some kind of fine.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by DarTHie
Goes away from the stadium, and gets some kind of fine.

Talk about waking the dead.
Quote by faminepulse
technically it's futbol

No it's not. Only in Spanish is it "futbol."

In English speaking countries other than the United States, it's football. In the U.S, it's called "soccer."
Britain it's also soccer but normally they just say football cause the rest of Europe's saying that
(although in different variations)
I'm not that bothered, but i've never heard anyone call it soccer in this country, except when someone's taking the piss out of yanks!

As a bit of a Football obbsessive I know my stuff

Still, peace and all that