Bah, i dont see what the big fuss is about zakk wylde. it sounds like some sort of mutant cat screeching and it's horrible. give me vai or hendrix any day, there's soul and passion in their music, it makes you feel something. no wonder kids are depressed if they sit their all day making their ears bleed listening to this ****
Great contribution popeye

It really opened up my mind

So who wants to help me assinate everyone that makes music thats different! =]
That was ****ing horrible. Zakk is great but he needs to cut the drop-D and pinch harmonics ever 2 seconds, his playing gets stale very quick. His playing on Ozzy's No Rest for the Wicked and No More Tears is his best. After that everything sound the same.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Well yea he is a bit repetative, but its his style, dimebag used his floyd rose too much, but you dont see people complaining about that, Im not trying to cut down dime or anything im just saying each guitar player has their own thing they like to do
uggh....

its like a squire compared to a fender...(Hendrix)
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Zakk wylde must be the second most overrated guitarist, right there next to mr. I-AM-DEAD-WORSHIP-ME Dimebag Darrel
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
^^ Anyone notice he's playing an Epiphone? Weird..

My favourite ZW solo is probaby that crazy acoustic song. Uhh... *checks what it's called*.. Spoke in the wheel.

Or the solo in Just Killing Time.

Oh yeah he's playing an epiphone in it because that was part of some thing where he was advertising the ZW sigs, there's a lot of different solos where he's using the exact same epiphone sig in the same room, etc, just playing solos, just look around on youtube
Quote by binjajer
Zakk wylde must be the second most overrated guitarist, right there next to mr. I-AM-DEAD-WORSHIP-ME Dimebag Darrel

ZW is sooo much better than Dimebag ugh.. But yes he's a bit overrated but stil a kickarse viking dude.
Quote by Y00p
Awesome tone.

Oh, and I hated that first Zakk video. It made me sick.

And they say fitting a Les Paul with a Floyd rose kills the tone.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Quote by jackson001
And they say fitting a Les Paul with a Floyd rose kills the tone.

They do, indeed. I personally think it's bogus, though.
I've been looking for a LP already fitted with a floyd because I can't seem to find any one in my area to set mine up with one. I've seen some agiles with off brand tremolo things, but I don't know.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
Quote by binjajer

Yeah, because Dimebag asked to get shot in the head and subsequently idolized by morons.

The most overrated guitarist of all time is Jimi Hendrix, bar none.

On topic, that Star-Spangled Banner was kinda crappy.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by subliminaldelta
Thank god for Nathan Gale.

u make me sick you piece of sh1t
Gear: ESP MH250 NT
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Yeah, because Dimebag asked to get shot in the head and subsequently idolized by morons.

i love how all you kids come on here and claim ooohh hes overated, oohh he used his whammy too much, learn to play better yourselfs and then make a statement like that, i dont like to be a dick but you guys make alot of us have to be, zakks anything but overated, dimebag was an amazing soulfull player, and hendrix started everything you kids wanna do, you cant call a trend setter overated he diddnt have high gain amps or computer generated effects to use.
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
i love how all you kids come on here and claim ooohh hes overated, oohh he used his whammy too much, learn to play better yourselfs and then make a statement like that, i dont like to be a dick but you guys make alot of us have to be, zakks anything but overated, dimebag was an amazing soulfull player, and hendrix started everything you kids wanna do, you cant call a trend setter overated he diddnt have high gain amps or computer generated effects to use.

+1
Quote by dertjoe
jackson rr3 trans red
washburn x50profe trans black
ibanez sz320ex
jackson js1
crafter 20th

ENGL screamer 50 combo

boss sd-1
maxon od-808
boss ns-2
boss tu-2
ENGL z-5 footswitch
Quote by dertjoe

oh yeah that old "you can't have an opinion unless you can do better yourself". being able to do it ourselves doesn't make any difference. you probably cant sing as well as all those boy bands in the charts, doesnt make their music any less crap
Quote by dertjoe

+1. Apart from the fact, that some guitarists ARE in fact overrated. As are some guitars and other stuff.

And mr. Dimebag and mr. Wylde are the best examples. Wylde? Why would he be so AWESOME as many people claim? Because he uses a lot of distortion and pinch harmonics? I can do that too. Dimebag? Because he could shred his fingers off? Bull****. Vai? Dont get it on me. Satriani? Egotistical, that's what he is. He has a talent for catchy tunes though.

Now, take a look at some guys like, say... Frusciante, not to look far. Bad guitarist? No. He can play a full and soulful solo with just a few notes. Same with Brian May. Now THAT's talent. Have you ever heard the song "Black Velvet" by allannah myles? The guitar that's being played there is for me the pinnacle of guitar mastery. Not to raunchy, not too egotistical. Just sits there in the background, sometimes goes up to the front. But it's never like OOOHH LOOK AT ME I CAN PLAY THE GEETAR. All those "great" guitarists should learn how to be a tad more modest. Be able to get the damn instrument not to be the main feature of a song.

Now, Hendrix is someone who revolutionized the guitar world. Let's just let him rest in peace, he was talented and had his time.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
^You don't like shred and love rock, so obviously rock is better than shred?

Close-minded, you say?

Also, you don't have to be better than someone to criticise them. I've never done a better job at President and Chancellor of Germany, for example, but I'm pretty still ****ing sure that Hitler did a bad job.

Edit: God, I hate Zakk Wylde a little bit more every time I hear one of his solos.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Last edited by sheldonplank at Jun 25, 2007,
Have you ever met satriani? He's a cool dude, and down to earth. I haven't met him personally, but some friends of mine went to the National Guitar Workshop and met him there.

To say that Satch and Vai have no soul is just retarded. You don't have to like their music, but you should at least be able to recognise skill level. Have you ever heard Lotus Feet? How about half of Satch's music?I don't care for Zakk Wylde because so musc of his stuff sounds the same to me, but that doesn't mean that he is a bad guitarist.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
Quote by jackson001

To say that Satch and Vai have no soul is just retarded. You don't have to like their music, but you should at least be able to recognise skill level. Have you ever heard Lotus Feet? How about half of Satch's music?I don't care for Zakk Wylde because so musc of his stuff sounds the same to me, but that doesn't mean that he is a bad guitarist.

+1
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Quote by satans_banjo
oh yeah that old "you can't have an opinion unless you can do better yourself". being able to do it ourselves doesn't make any difference. you probably cant sing as well as all those boy bands in the charts, doesnt make their music any less crap

if you cant do something better you really shouldnt say anything, and too be honest most boy band members are probably better all around musicians than any of us will ever aspire to be
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
^ Really? Then why does Bob Stoops coach he OU Sooners? Because he can recognise right from wrong, regardless of whether or not he can tackle a college football player.

Essentially what you are saying s that instrumental music is wrong because the focus isn't on a singer and to prove that even a singer can be a douche, let's turn our attention to Axl Rose.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
Last edited by jackson001 at Jun 25, 2007,
Quote by dertjoe
if you cant do something better you really shouldnt say anything, and too be honest most boy band members are probably better all around musicians than any of us will ever aspire to be

If you shouldn't be able to say anything unless you are better than you better never complain about 1 artist ever until you have sold more albums than them
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
am i the only one that liked that?

maybe its because im not comparing him to hendrix
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
I didn't really care for Hendrix version either. Therefore my opinion remains valid.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
Everyone who copies Hendrix when playing that song should be publicly humiliated. I'm not saying he totally copped Hendrix's vibe, but, DAMN! Enough of that wall of sound ****! Just play it your own way. Damn
Quote by Twist of fate
cool. Ever get head from a stuffed animal?

Quote by casualty01
Say hello to your new warden, bitches!
Quote by Masamune
I love you
Quote by binjajer
All those "great" guitarists should learn how to be a tad more modest. Be able to get the damn instrument not to be the main feature of a song.

If they're recording a solo album, shouldn't the instrument that they play be the main feature of the song?
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Completely agree. Right on, brother.
I love Zakk. And, this is pretty kickass. But, it just isn't the Star-Spangled Banner.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Yes, Zakk wasn't ripping off Hendrix at all there

Closed because all this thread is here for is to incite a flamewar.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure