i have an american deluxe strat (v-neck) that i will be bringing to summer camp
at summer camp there is no air conditiioning
the guitar will be in its case (when not being used) in a cabin type thing
so... is it ok to bring it?
the difference in temperature and humidity wont **** it up right?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
If I were you I'd hunt around for a beater to take with you, doesn't even have to be old, you could always try and track down a Squier 51.

The words "camp" and "nice guitar" don't really sit right together in my eyes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you should not take it with you, C'mon, it won't kill you if you don't play guitar a couple of weeks, otherwise, you're risking a nice guitar. If you want to take a guitar with you, take a cheap acoustic or something, anyway, there's no way you're taking an amp or plugging you strat to any amp there.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
not an american deluxe dude... go to a store and play every guitar under 200-250 USD assuming you live in the united states
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
squire affinity...

that would work fine...but dont bring an american...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
its actually two months - the whole summer
and ya im bringing a **** practice amp with me
dont worry about it being stolen
im just worried about getting messed up from different temps and humudities
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
bringing a $1200 guitar to summer camp is like bringing an AK47 to an airport.

you're gonna get jumped and someone will take it away from you
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by cherub_rocker07
bringing a $1200 guitar to summer camp is like bringing an AK47 to an airport.

you're gonna get jumped and someone will take it away from you

haha
DONT WORRY ABOUT IT GETTING STOLEN - IT WONT
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THE CHANGE IN TEMPERATURE AND HUMUDITY WILL AFFECT THE GUITAR NEGATIVLY
Quote by beeboshain
Just because it won't get stolen doesn't mean it won't get damaged.. I would steal it though..

What kind of campers are you hanging with that wouldn't want to play/steal your american strat.

Is it Church camp or something?

I don't think temperature or humidity will do anything to your guitar. You should be a lot more worried about your band-camp friends.
Quote by libskate44
haha
DONT WORRY ABOUT IT GETTING STOLEN - IT WONT
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THE CHANGE IN TEMPERATURE AND HUMUDITY WILL AFFECT THE GUITAR NEGATIVLY

It will.

The change will require that you do another full set up while at summer camp, and I don't know if you wanna go through with that process in a humid summer cabin while all your friends are out having fun.

And it would probably be better to bring a really cheap acoustic anyway. You'll be able to take it wherever, and acoustic guitar is better for picking up chicks.

I may have totally made up the point about girls.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Just because it won't get stolen doesn't mean it won't get damaged.. I would steal it though..

What kind of campers are you hanging with that wouldn't want to play/steal your american strat.

Is it Church camp or something?

I don't think temperature or humidity will do anything to your guitar. You should be a lot more worried about your band-camp friends.

JEWS
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by Kutanmoogle
And it would probably be better to bring a really cheap acoustic anyway. You'll be able to take it wherever, and acoustic guitar is better for picking up chicks.

I may have totally made up the point about girls.

you may have made up that point... but its so true! and yea... i wouldn't trust anyone if i had an american deluxe strat up in my room. you'd be better off spending $100 or something on a new guitar (as steven seagull said - a beater) and take it away with you... i vote for the cheap acoustic - much better for pickin up girls n if you've got a hardcase you can go out bucking with it! easy money.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

I like the acoustic suggestion, that would pwn for campfires and outdoor stuff. Humidity and temp changes can affect your setup, definitely. Nothing a little adjustment can't fix usually, but I still like the idea of an acoustic better than bringing an MIA deluxe strat camping. You can take the acoustic anywhere.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
aren't acoustics much more susceptible to humidiyt/heat damage???
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Rock Savior
aren't acoustics much more susceptible to humidiyt/heat damage???

Yes they are, but when you get a dirt cheap one, then it's negligible.

As long as the acoustic is kept in its case, in a consistently humid cabin, then it won't be a problem. People in humid countries own acoustics, don't they?
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
no idea about the acoustics, I've only owned beaters, but I would assume they are susceptible to it. They seem to take a lot of punishment though IME. We're not talking a quality instrument here either, just a beater for campfires and practicing.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
im bringing my acoustic no doubt
but i also want to bring my strat
seeme fine
Quote by beeboshain
if you were going to take it...i would put some silica gel packets in the case (you know the things that come in shoes) just to take the moisture out of the case....and make sure it stays cool...and watch those theiving gypsy campers
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
if you were going to take it...i would put some silica gel packets in the case (you know the things that come in shoes) just to take the moisture out of the case....and make sure it stays cool...and watch those theiving gypsy campers

thanks
do you know where i can get those?
Quote by beeboshain
I wouldn't take the Strat if I were you. It seems a bit pointless. Like stated, a cheap acoustic will do the trick. You won't have to worry about giving it a setup and acoustics are setup less precise normally anyways.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i know i shoudnt bring it but 2 months without electric?
i cant do it
Quote by beeboshain
Throwing my hat in the ring for the "bring a cheap acoustic" camp (maybe a cheap squier or something if you must go electric):

Bringing a nice guitar out in a rugged environment with lots of people for an extended period of time... I mean, come on man. No warning bells going off for you? An acoustic fits in better in that kind of setting anyway. When was the last time you saw a person sitting at a campfire wailing on an electric guitar?

Having a hot girl from the camp across the lake hand-feed you smores while you play a strat does sound rather nice though... maybe you know something I don't.