Someone i know is selling his mik epi les paul for usd190. this is a pretty sweet deal and i wanted to buy it, but my brother advice me not to buy it, because I already got a nice guitar. and besides, I've just re-started guitar for not more than 1 year, after quitting playing guitar for 4 years.

He says I should wait until I am better at guitar. until then just stick with my ibanez.
so, what do you guys say?

( ignore my amp, i am saving for a better 1. )
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
It'll be easier to save for a new amp if you don't buy the guitar .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^x2

you need an amp...

and it looks like you dont like it by that smiley lol
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Rock Savior
^x2
you need an amp...
and it looks like you dont like it by that smiley lol

u mean i look like i don't really like the guitar? lol.
nah i like it.

but my question is:
do you guys buy gear after getting better?
or don't really care how good/bad at guitar when buying 1?
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
If it's a epi LP standard or classic I'd go for it at that price. If you decide it's not for you you can easily sell it for $250-300. If its a LP-100 or studio, don't bother and just use the money on an amp.
lol !! yeah it's a epi LP standard.
re-sell value.... hmm... not bad.
Quote by JackFlash19