I've been thinking of buying a new guitar, but I can't really decide between the epiphone lp custom and the standard. (I play punk, post-hardcore...)
Which one is better (in value, sound and cost)
for what you play, you should really get the SG [Custom if you like it]
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Can you get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top in Portugal?

They are made of all mahogany, as opposed to the standard and the custom which have mahogany/alder mixes.

It'll sound better .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Try a search, there were at least two threads where I read upon this. But anyway, Custom has slight variation in woods i think? But they both have the same pickups. Personally, I would go custom.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
They both sound the same, just the custom is better looking.

I don't like the gold finish
so for the higher price of the custom you're only paying for an aesthetic difference? may aswell go for a standard then
Quote by Valek Williams
I don't like the gold finish

Ha, I perfer Chrome/Nickel

But I'll re-phrase that. "The Custom has more expensive aethetics. (full body binding, headstock binding, custom headstock inlay, full block fret inlays)"
i'd go with a G-400 amigo seu melhorar especially for what u play i'd go with it cuz its cheaper and its all mahogany

sorry if my portugese is cagado or crappy i'm portugese by blood and am fluent in the language
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
im waiting for my epi lp custom to be delievered today. cant wait. mine has a silverburst finish and nickel hardware... so bad ass!
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
ha ha! its here! and its awesome! go for the custom! weeeee!
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
ha ha! its here! and its awesome! go for the custom! weeeee!

Isnt that guitar to heavy?
their both the same wieght dude the customs just look different and has more
also congrats paper i'm getting an agile model like probably
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
its not heavy at all. the case is heavy, but the guitar is fine.

the only problem i have is the edge of the body my right forearm rests on. the body is fine, nothing wrong with it, but the edge hurts my arm for some reason.

EDIT: i also started a thread to come up with a name for my LP. so feel free to head on over and chime in. here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614868
Quote by Article

Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Jun 26, 2007,
how about Paul
Quote by nasstyman