you guys hear this alot but i am woundering what one to buy

Amp #1

or

Amp #2

so what amp is better

the guitar player is useing a 300 watt tube amp.
i know we wont reach 300 watts when we practice but live is going to be miced so thats good.
300 watt tube?????? wtf. By the way the links arwen't working, at least for me.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Links don't work
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
^
yep 300 watts tube. it sounds really awsome.

its good that we our a 3 peice band with me on bass, the guitar player is singer and the drummer is playing drums.

so i really gotta worry about the guitar player thats it.

the links are working just take a little bit long to load because sam ash is stupid. but i love them because ed romans is going outta of business
Firstly, no the links really aren't working, it comes up with 'HTTP internal error'.
And secondly, what amp does he have? 300watts tube is ridiculous, and in my opinion is likely to sound crap, you couldn't even crank it.
Still an HTTP internal server error
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Crate BT-50
^ okay cool. only 200 dollers more. i need to find recordings of it on youtube because youtube usaly has videos of amps.
I would suggest the same things as Jazz_Rock
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Crate BT-50
Sorry... calling BS on 300W tube for guitar. To compete with that, you're going to need at least 1200W, and even if you did, you'd probably want an 810 to hope you'll cut through.

But 300W tube? Really, no. It's probably tube preamp, solid state power amp.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
the second amp, definitly........and your guitarrist does not have a 300W tube... hes probably mistaken or lying...
Man for the price y don't you get a stack? Try the Hartke 2500 amp, and if you like the sound of harke speakers run with that-my expereince though is Hartke speakers are not road worthy, they blow all the time cause of their aluminum cones. But SWR has some great sounds as well. I've got the Big Ben(18 inch speaker), Hartke 3500 head, and Korg processor. You'd figure you would'nt be able to get any highs, or mids out of that big bastard....But not the case. Out sound'd rigs 2x the size and 5x more expensive. But have muy mucho experience in studio and live....
Last edited by £ove_Monkey at Jun 28, 2007,