Hi ....i currently have a stupid behringer V tone that i bought when i started learning a year ago ...im upgrading my gear now and have decided to get an Ibanez S 470DXQM
...now im stuck and confused on what amp to get .....

I had decided on a VOX ADVT 30 ...until recently a lot of people have been telling me to consider something better since a 650 $ guitar won't sound good through a 300 $ amp ...although i did found the tone of the amp pretty good when i played the ibanez through it at a local shop (this might be a stupid comment sine im a beginner) .....

So what should i do ? should i consider getting a better amp ? i can probably save up a lil bit more and afford something up to 400 $ ...i play mostly the 70s and the 80s ....Bon Jovi ...Zepplin ...Van Halen ...GNR....Def Lepp....Mr. Big etc.....
I have the VOX amp and its great for Zep, guns and any classic rock - weaknesses are its gain, some people dont like it for metal if u play any of that you'd need a pedal. If you can, try the Marshall DSL 401 - would handle your music and ive heard its pretty decent.
don't listen to those people saying an expensive guitar won't sound good through a $300 amp. it will sound fantastic through a vox ad30vt. they are just tone snobs which tell every single person to get a tube amp, and they are ignorant when it comes to anything else, even if they have never tried one.

i played an Epi LP custom through a vox ad30vt and its amazing
Quote by clement1
I have the VOX amp and its great for Zep, guns and any classic rock - weaknesses are its gain, some people dont like it for metal if u play any of that you'd need a pedal. If you can, try the Marshall DSL 401 - would handle your music and ive heard its pretty decent.

question, do you play a lot of clean because i always hear vox is known for its clean channel.
Quote by inlovewithmusic
Hi ....i currently have a stupid behringer V tone that i bought when i started learning a year ago ...im upgrading my gear now and have decided to get an Ibanez S 470DXQM
...now im stuck and confused on what amp to get .....

I had decided on a VOX ADVT 30 ...until recently a lot of people have been telling me to consider something better since a 650 $ guitar won't sound good through a 300 $ amp ...although i did found the tone of the amp pretty good when i played the ibanez through it at a local shop (this might be a stupid comment sine im a beginner) .....

So what should i do ? should i consider getting a better amp ? i can probably save up a lil bit more and afford something up to 400 $ ...i play mostly the 70s and the 80s ....Bon Jovi ...Zepplin ...Van Halen ...GNR....Def Lepp....Mr. Big etc.....

Good choice for guitar. nice and light
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Boss CH-1 Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Quote by supletsdoit
question, do you play a lot of clean because i always hear vox is known for its clean channel.

Yeah i play cleans alot, it sounds great. I also like to add a little bit of chorus/reverb to my cleans and it really brightens them up.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^^It's not that it won't sound good through a 300 dollar amp...
It's that a 650 dollar amp with a 300 dollar guitar will yield a greater tonal improvement than a 300 dollar amp with a 650 dollar guitar.
It's not being a snob...it's a fact.

you don't say. and playing a $5000 guitar through a wall of $10000 amps and cabs will yield an even better result.

but he isn't playing in front of the queen, he is a beginner and doesn't need the best of the best, and a $300 amp (the vox) will be more than good enough
the reaosn the vox is cheaper is because it has les power but i have one and it has great sounds unless you want to play more of a metal type genre but for what you say it owudl be great
^for what music he said he played a 300 dollar amp would get the job done although a cheap guitar and a great amp will make a bigger diffrence a beginner is allright with a solid state.
Quote by _popeye_
you don't say. and playing a $5000 guitar through a wall of $10000 amps and cabs will yield an even better result.

...No need to be a jerk about it and make totally ridiculous comparisons....

Quote by _popeye_
but he isn't playing in front of the queen, he is a beginner and doesn't need the best of the best, and a $300 amp (the vox) will be more than good enough

I'm not syaing he's playing front of the queen, I'm saying that if he wants better tone...You can find a very playable quality guitar for 300-500, used...and if your guitar is playable...then an amp will be much more influential on improving your tone. And that's what he wants to do.
Quote by inlovewithmusic

First two links don't work.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Fender FM's have terrible distortion.

not if you get a dsp, i have one with good distortion but a pedal is better. that orange crush is a decent amp. Try an FM 25 for 65DSP at a guitar center or local store there good for the price and the # of effects
^If you say so. Only Digitech pedal I've liked is the Brian May one. Crank a tube amp, roll down the volume, and use the neck pickup for a nice smooth bluesy tone with a slight OD...Way more organic. And I haven't used any onboard on any amp I've used and liked it, other than reverb, or the vibrato/tremolo channel.
An Orange Crush would a waste of money. Nothing like a real Orange.
thanks a lot for the opinions guys ...one thing i realized is that i already have an multi-effects pedal (zoom 606 ...its not a great one ...but i think its decent enough) ...so i was browsing through sites and found this

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/lc-15r/383

i can afford it and its a tube amp ....would it sound good if i ran my zoom 606 through it ?
the vox is a great amp. my friend has it and it is awesome it has great tone
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's