I'm thinking of applying for one of these when i turn 18 in January.

Anyone here have any family that does one of these things ?
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
fire fighters get more respect. and get to drive around in a fire truck all day. Fire Trucks RULE!!!
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I don't, but I highly recommend growing a moustache. Police officers and firefighters are two of the jobs where a moustache is almost manditory.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
if you want more respect, go with firefighter. people don't like cops. or security guards
from daylight...
...into darkness
Yeah, cops get a lot of crap all the time, plus they work a lot more. I'd say firefighter.
If you want to stick with it then be a Police Officer.

If it is only temporary be a Fire Fighter.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I am swaying more to applying to be a firefighter, when I was young, I loved everything to do with firefighters.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Theres more options in the police force, i'd say. Doesnt matter realy which you chose, you still get alot of shit. Firefighters these das get rocks an shit thrown at them as they drive about. Wee bit excesive... welcome to chavdom!
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
firefighter
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Personally I'd pick being a cop for two reasons 1) You get a gun, mace, a billy club. and handcuffs. 2) Firefighters do work way more than cops, because they pretty much have to ready 24/7.
Firefighters, because my dad's one

Firefighter, because this one guy that went to school with the girlfriend of a guy who used to live a few miles away from me is thinking about becoming one
Neither. Ninjas are so much better.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Firefighter, because this one guy that went to school with the girlfriend of a guy who used to live a few miles away from me is thinking about becoming one

Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
I want to go into police officer training when I'm 18, so good luck to you if you're doing it too.
signature
No, but I have an opinion..... if that counts?

I would say it would depend on a few things.

Law enforcement is one of those things that I've always thought was a straight down the line follow everything to the book things. No buying knocked off DVDs, copied albums and the occasional joint type thing. not that I condone any of the above, but they are kind of taken as things that most people do these days, there's supposed to be any leeway with any of the above. while I've been brought up with a strong moral upbringing and know whats right and wrong there's a little grey area where the voice in my head would say well its not that major. Correct me if I'm wrong but even the most minor things are suppose to be dealt with in the up most seriousness. I'm an honest person but, I'd tend to let the minor things go and I know that your not supposed to do that at all........so basicly I'd be fired with in a week lol

As for the fire service

Most kids want to join the fire brigade when there about 6 or 7. its one of those jobs where you have peoples lifes in your hands. can you take that responsibility? can you work under the pressure of having a building full of people that could collapse at any moment? whats your levels of fear? now I know that most people would be s**ting themselves at the prospect of going in to a burning building. there's the side of me that would be the have a go hero loaded on adrenalin, but I sure as hell know that I couldn't do anything along those lines on a daily basis.

Both of those jobs contain far to much responsibility for me to handle + nether would have me on the grounds of H&S, but if I was in you situation I would probably be inclined to join the fire service as it seems more rewarding.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do
I'd personally go for firefighter.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I'v already decided that I'm not gonna go to uni.

I think I'm gonna apply to join the fire service when I turn 18, and just work the next couple of months to earn some money, to pay for my car and other things.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
firefighters have a fair bit of downtime
which sucks ass
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Quote by Will_Minus
I don't, but I highly recommend growing a moustache. Police officers and firefighters are two of the jobs where a moustache is almost manditory.

hahahahaha
my dad has a mo', he's a firefighter

i'd go firefighter. it's a lot less dangerous...the pay is nowhere near as good, but you'd expect that.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
If i remember correctly, in the UK, the pension makes up for the crappy pay.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.