We're RoughDraft based on LI in New York. I (guitarist/singer) was bored so I threw together crappy recordings of a couple of our songs. One go for each track, no drums because Mr. Drummer stole my sticks and bass is just a normal guitar dropped down an octave. I tried making the vocal signal dirty ala The Strokes but that didn't work out that well so I'm going to record them clean with a touch of reverb. Feedback?

This our website, baked fresh by me...

http://roughdraftny.com/

And here's our myspace where the mentioned demos are...

http://myspace.com/roughdraftny

Many thanks,
Ben (NotAJock2Day)
Last edited by NotAJock2Day at Jul 4, 2007,
As was said above, they need some work, and sometimes the bass doesn't really fit with the guitar. The vocals definitely have potential, I liked the vocal style on Futurette although it seemed lacking in confidence a bit. I think, when done for a full band, Futurette is something I would put on my mp3 player.
This definitely has potential, and that is a well designed and put together website you've got there.
I'll send you an add.
I thought it had a lot of potential! The vocals sounded great. Wanted to hear how it would sound with drums though.... What r u using to record.....?
soulburn101: Lol, thanks.

ChordMonger: Idk, I dig the sound of Futurette but I see where you're coming from. We're in the middle of a Battle of the Bands for $3,000 so right now isn't the time to change things though.

DevilMayCare: Many thanks, I'm not used to belting it in a quiet room, it feels awkward haha.

£ove_Monkey: I use a Shure sm57, another high quality that I don't feel like checking the brand right now, and a really bassy karaoke mic. I use the Shure in front of the Hellatone in my 2x12 cab, the other mic relatively far away because I like the acoustics in the room, and the karaoke on the ground to pick up bass frequencies. Everything goes into a Mackie 14-Channel mixer, tape output into my laptop. The sound card doesn't recognize stereo signals so I can't do what I usually do (pan the guitar signals so you get a different sound in each ear, giving it a fuller sound). I use Audacity.
Quote by NotAJock2Day

DevilMayCare: Many thanks, I'm not used to belting it in a quiet room, it feels awkward haha.

I know exactly what you mean, I try to record something as simple as a cover of Dylan's Knocking on Heaven's door and my voice goes all shaky and squeaky because I feel so weird singing confidently in my room to a microphone and nothing else. :|
At some point, Lily reminds me too much of Oasis' Wonderwall. Resemblances in the chord progression? Wish they did Battles of the Bands with such prizes over here. Good luck.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
^^ i agree with this guy, especially when you sing "and i dont know how"
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Quote by Green_Jelly
At some point, Lily reminds me too much of Oasis' Wonderwall. Resemblances in the chord progression? Wish they did Battles of the Bands with such prizes over here. Good luck.

There aren't any similar chord progressions, guess it's just the choice of words.