Okay. I own a Peavey StudioPro112 (Older model, not the newer "trimmer kind"... has the classic interface), and it sounds pretty good with a pedal at low volumes, but then when it is turned up, it sounds like utter ****.

It's going to be kind of hard to state my problem, but what happens is when I turn it up, clean or distortion, the noise kind of "clips" and fades in and out. The volume swells, dies, and the noise kind of clicks around. When I play with the wire going from the preamp (I think it's the preamp... it's the little box on the top corner of the amp) to the amp interface, the sound kind of fixes itself. I could try to post sound clips, but my dad will come in and throw a fit because it's so loud.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
I'm going to get a new amp, trust me... but I'm looking for a 6505+ right now, and I simply don't have the money to get one, but I'm getting a job in August hopefully.

I still however need this amp to work to hold out for practices until I CAN upgrade though.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
I had a similar problem with my old peavey amp, when I took it in to the shop they said there was a short somewhere and it wasn’t worth paying the money to get it fixed, id suggest taking it in and seeing if the people at the shop can do anything.
“I used to be made fun of because I’d stay alone at home on weekends and play the guitar, but once I got good on the guitar, I got all the pussy I wanted"-EVH

Schcter C-1 Classic - Emg 81/85 @ 18 Volts
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 POD XT Live