my disc tray ballsed up, and in the process of fixing it, i moved the little white gear at the back of the platform with the laser on, and need to re-calibrate it...

...HALP?!?!?!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
You have a PS2, there's the problem.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure what to tell you. You're probably best taking it into a gaming shop for repairs if it's something like recalibration.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Just buy a new PS2. There $169 now I belive.

Istill have a PS2 from 2001-2002 and it still works perfectly. Very reliable and no Red Ring of Death :cough:Xbox360:cough:
nevermind, looks like it was a ribbon cable, all fixed now though
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by thewho65

Istill have a PS2 from 2001-2002 and it still works perfectly. Very reliable and no Red Ring of Death :cough:Xbox360:cough:

Surely a red ring of death depends on where you put your xbox 360?
Love is not a victory march.
Mine doesn't read certain types of discs. I assume they are dual layered or something. Both God of wars don't work. Which kinda sucks, seeing as the problem arose when I tried to play the second one, which I just got.

It just sits there.........mocking me.........I wanna throw the goddamn thing out the window.

Lesson is, Sony makes crappy products, even their big guy said so. Try to avoid buying anything they make.

I mean, if their PS2's are made of sh*t, it kinda gives you bad vibes about the rest of their product portfolio.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Last edited by monkey of doom at Jun 25, 2007,
Quote by thewho65

I've had my 360 for a 1 1/2 years and never experienced any problems with it so far
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club