Hi, i just got my Crate V16 Palomino last week (which i love ) and am in need of a good Distortion pedal. The heaviest stuff i play is Megadeth and Slayer. I was looking at a metal muff but allot of people on this forum say that its more of a fuzz than anything. I also play Cream, Skynyrd, and The Allman Bros, but i plan to get a overdrive pedal for that. I would go try out some pedals, but i wont get a chance to so all help will be appreciated. Thanks in adavance.
the metal muff is awesome trust me. It can do anything from Classic Metal (maiden, preist) to Thrash (megadeth, pantera) to Death Metal (necrophagist, nile). and its not as fuzzy as people say.

Edit: dont get the digitech death metal, it soulds compleatly digital and thin. Go with a diffrent pedal.
Quote by Bpags868
*reported*

And don't ask why i'm in this emo forum cause i havent a clue.

Peace Sells.........But Who's Buying

Founder of the Megadeth>Metallica Club, PM me 2 Join
Quote by ikillthings
the metal muff is awesome trust me. It can do anything from Classic Metal (maiden, preist) to Thrash (megadeth, pantera) to Death Metal (necrophagist, nile). and its not as fuzzy as people say.

Edit: dont get the digitech death metal, it soulds compleatly digital and thin. Go with a diffrent pedal.

isnt the DM analogue? digitech did 5 new analogue pedals (grunge included wink wink) ithink the death metal is one of them. i just got a DS-2, its good, esp. the footswitch aspect, but the difference is audible if you're going digital, get a quality one.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Buy a http:/http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=Rj5lFgAA1182777055&command=link--lmld1 , for your heavy stuff...especially if you are gonna buy another overdrive...thing will KILL those silly Boss and Digitech distortions..it sounds much less thin and digital...and it looks like a freakin landmine
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
how much money are you talking?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Nirvana-Man
try a digitech death metal

Quote by Gu1tar K1d
The Boss Metal-Zone and DS-1 are both good

Quote by the spiker
The Boss MT-2

Stop recommending crappy gear!
Metal Muff ftw
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The HBE Big D is the only good distortion pedal I've ever played, hence me owning one.
Quote by Yngwi3

Stop recommending crappy gear!
Metal Muff ftw

The metal muff is far from a fuzz, and it is very precise and versatile. If you wanted something fuzzier and messier for metal try a Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard fuzz.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by rhymeswith suck
The metal muff is far from a fuzz, and it is very precise and versatile. If you wanted something fuzzier and messier for metal try a Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard fuzz.

Since when was Metal fuzzy and messy?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Guys - He's got a nice tube amp already, so why aren't you all suggesting a really heavy OD that, with a bit of EQ-ing, can pretty much get him into Pantera/Slayer territory?
I'd say an OD with a booster of some sort should pretty much get you the tones you're looking for.

People really need to stop suggesting ****ty gear.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by Yngwi3
Since when was Metal fuzzy and messy?

Sludge Metal? Stoner Metal?
Melvins, Mastodon, Sunn0)), Isis, Neurosis?

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by rhymeswith suck
Sludge Metal? Stoner Metal?
Melvins, Mastodon, Sunn0)), Isis, Neurosis?

Fair enough but this guy said the furthest he goes is Thrash

Quote by the_random_hero
Guys - He's got a nice tube amp already, so why aren't you all suggesting a really heavy OD that, with a bit of EQ-ing, can pretty much get him into Pantera/Slayer territory?

...have you tried a Crate Palomino? It's not exactly built for high gain.
And why only an OD pedal?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by the_random_hero
I'd say an OD with a booster of some sort should pretty much get you the tones you're looking for.

People really need to stop suggesting ****ty gear.

As you increase the drive past 2 or 3 on the pedal when using it on the dirty channel, there is more gain, but it gets more fizzy, sloppy and you are way more prone to feedback than a distortion pedal.

He'd be better off with a nice distortion pedal for metal.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Jun 25, 2007,
A marshall Govnor 2 is a great distortion pedal it makes your amp sound like a marshall stack and really geeds good deep tones.
Gear

Custom fender stratocaster
Tokai Love Rock
Gibson ES-335
Vintage Ibanez V
Dillion PRS style

Fender DeVille 4X10
Peavey bravo 112

Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez DCL
Marshall Govnor 2
Little big muff
Boss ds-1
Boss me-50
Crybaby wah
i work at the prs factory and we test the finished guitars on a mesa boogie amp with a krank distortion pedal, it sounds amazing
Get The Metal Muff Or The Landmine!!!!!
Quote by Bpags868
*reported*

And don't ask why i'm in this emo forum cause i havent a clue.

Peace Sells.........But Who's Buying

Founder of the Megadeth>Metallica Club, PM me 2 Join
Digitech Distortion Factory!!!! It has Tube screamer models, Death Metal, Ds1, it rocks all around.
Quote by mr_hankey
The HBE Big D is the only good distortion pedal I've ever played, hence me owning one.

ditto, except i don't own one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?