i want to make a couple slides today and was woundering what saw to use to cut the neck off, or should i break it and sand it down for a couple hours
I think people use something like a rotary saw (dremel?), then run it under hot/cold water, and then change it to cold/hot water (i forget which), and then the glass should crack under the quick temperature change.

there's a tutorial online somewhere if you're interested, google it
Last edited by greenbox at Jun 25, 2007,
score the glass really good hold the part you wanna keep... either in a rag covered vice or whatever and tap the top of it with a rag covered tool and it should break right off, you will have to sand it
get a glass cutter and cut around the base of the neck and hit the bottle off of a piece of wood. thats what i did.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by greenbox
I think people use something like a rotary saw (dremel?), then run it under hot/cold water, and then change it to cold/hot water (i forget which), and then the glass should crack under the quick temperature change.

there's a tutorial online somewhere if you're interested, google it

Hot water to cold water. I don't know if that would break both ends of the bottle however.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
i used a glass cutter and a hack saw and cut through it, it was a bitch 2
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
mine is the easiest way so far
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
mine is the easiest way so far

Do you want a gold star or something?

Using a saw wouldn't work for the most part. I could only see the teeth, and the finest of them, catching and destroying the bottle.

There are glass cutting devices that cut from the inside of the bottle. There is a "blade" that reaches down into the bottle neck, and you spin it around as it scores the inside of the bottle. Then, hit the large end with something, and it should break off. Then start sanding!
Quote by ohspyro89
Do you want a gold star or something?

that would be nice
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.

Using a saw wouldn't work for the most part. I could only see the teeth, and the finest of them, catching and destroying the bottle.

QUOTE]
actualy if you use the glass cutter first , and a hack saw has teeth that are barely able to see, so it pretty much had nothing to catch it

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
I believe kerosene, string and iced water works miracles. Look it up on the net to find out how it's done; I can't really be arsed explaining it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
i used a masonry drill bit to make bongs . i put tape all around the bottle and scored it with the bit and then tapped the glass with the bit, but i dont know about cutting the neck off
dont even start i made a vapo out of my car, it used the heater to heat the weed and vapo it and the fans to fill the car with it. thant and i make bongs for a living so....

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
The best I've ever done is taken a plastic bottle, melted a hole in it with a lighter, taken one of those pesky foil/papers from a cigarette pack, poked holes in that and voila! Pipe-si.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by forsaknazrael
pics, all of you, or it didn't happen.

your on, rents are home, so i take pics tomarrow most likly, and i cant of the car vapo cuz that would mean ripping car abart, but i did make a vapo out of a vegtible steamer if you wanna look at that 1

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
lol, the worlds of slide guitar and marijuana collide
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.