Page 1 of 3
Quote by DownInAHole.
Me!

Automatic For The People ftw....

+A lot

That album is ridiculousely good. Definitely a classic.
The.
Quote by DownInAHole.
A bit cliched, but I love Losing My Religion. That song owns in every way possible.
Yeah, another song that sends shivers down my spine. The mandolin owns.
Quote by DownInAHole.
A bit cliched, but I love Losing My Religion. That song owns in every way possible.

thats one of my favorite songs. REM might be one of my favorite bands, everything about them is amazing
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Kurt Cobain went out listening to REM you know.

That was one of his favorite bands, actually. And with good reason.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
That was one of his favorite bands, actually. And with good reason.
Yeah, Nirvana are one of Michael Stipe's favorite too. They were good pals.
They're all the awesome.

I just watched the Alternative 'Seven Ages of Rock' program - I had it recorded from Saturday.

Was pretty cool, but nothing I didn't really know already.
Quote by Kylix
They're all the awesome.

I just watched the Alternative 'Seven Ages of Rock' program - I had it recorded from Saturday.

Was pretty cool, but nothing I didn't really know already.
I've watched the last 30 minutes. I've got the rest on tape though.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Yeah, Nirvana are one of Michael Stipe's favorite too. They were good pals.

michael stipe is kurt cobains daughter's god father
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Jun 25, 2007,
Ah, yes. REM.

I do believe there's a thread on them in the Indie/Alt Forum, but nevermind. I really love this band. Favourite album? Murmur. When you listen to that album you realize how unique REM are (or at least were) and you realize how many pop/rock bands who've tried to resemble REM. My favourite tracks from that album are 'Radio Free Europe', 'Laughing', 'Perfect Cicle' and 'Sitting Still'. Especially 'Sitting Still' fascinates me. And yes, Automatic For The People is a really good album too, just not my favourite by them.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Yeah I know, and yit's 'Stipe' btw.

sorry i hit the 'r' when i was hit the 't'. i fixed it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Ok, so what do you guys think is their best album besides Automatic For The People?

Im actually asking, Im planning on buying another one.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Ok, so what do you guys think is their best album besides Automatic For The People?

I, personally, loved Document and Out of Time.
LOL
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

Murmur, Radio Free Europe is one of my favorite songs of all-time.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

I'll have to agree with RHCP94. Get Murmur. It's one of the best albums of the 80s (and I'm not the ony one saying that, it's a common claim). Ah yes, Radio Free Europe is a really good song too.
R.E.M. have grown to be one of my favourite bands. I have Reckoning, Automatic For The People and Monster. All awesome, classic albums. Reckoning is probably my favourite. AFTP is good too. Night Swimming is a track i am OBSESSED with now.

I heard some of there later releases however, and I am not too much of a fan of the tracks.
Quote by stepco12345
R.E.M. have grown to be one of my favourite bands. I have Reckoning, Automatic For The People and Monster. All awesome, classic albums. Reckoning is probably my favourite. AFTP is good too. Night Swimming is a track i am OBSESSED with now.

I heard some of there later releases however, and I am not too much of a fan of the tracks.

monsters not a classic lol
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Kurt Cobain went out listening to REM you know.

Cobain gave his guitar to guy from REM i think, the bald guy?

One of my fav bands from the 90s.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
REM are easily one of my favourite bands of all time. I love their 80's stuff the most, generally, but Automatic for the People is just too beautiful to not put above everything.

I love Stipes lyrics and sort of dirge-esque, folky vocals, and especially Peter Bucks jangly guitar. I always saw them as sort of the American equivalent of The Smiths.

The relationship between Stipe and Cobain is sad, too. Stipe did everything he could to stop Kurt from slipping into oblivion. And Stipe is Frances Beans godfather.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by stepco12345
You don't like Monster?

Its actually one of my favs from them lol....imo its just not a classic like automatic is...and it doesn't sound them....I think they did it as a Kurt Cobain tribute album but it got huge from the massive 95 tour they did. (Which was I think the highest grossing music tour for that year.)
Quote by Caustic
I always saw them as sort of the American equivalent of The Smiths.

Agreed. The jangly guitars and the "I-don't-fit-in" kinda frontmen.
All I have by them is the first greatest hits cd, which starts after '93.
I might buy Automatic for the People now
Quote by myself101
Cobain gave his guitar to guy from REM i think, the bald guy?

One of my fav bands from the 90s.

That's the guitar he's playing in the video for Everybody Hurts

and Kurt Cobain was all set to record something with Michael Stipe but then cancelled. That would've been awesome...alas
What did you guys think of Around The Sun. I thought that had some really good songs on but was just a bit bleak in parts. Leaving New York, El;ectron Blue, High Speed Train and Outsiders are great songs.
RHCP Track Of The Week: Funny Face

'QUEEN ARE THE MOST OVERRATED BAND SINCE THE BEATLES' - A controversial comment which I firmly believe.
Quote by blackflag49
All I have by them is the first greatest hits cd, which starts after '93.
I might buy Automatic for the People now

That's the guitar he's playing in the video for Everybody Hurts

and Kurt Cobain was all set to record something with Michael Stipe but then cancelled. That would've been awesome...alas

I think that was the Whats the Frequency vid...kurts guitar was given to him from love right after kurt died. The guitar is prominent throughout the whole song.
Quote by Flea's#1fan
What did you guys think of Around The Sun. I thought that had some really good songs on but was just a bit bleak in parts. Leaving New York, El;ectron Blue, High Speed Train and Outsiders are great songs.

I've only heard Leaving New York. I like that song, anyway.
My personal favorite is New Adventures in H-Fi. Favorite tracks are Leave and Bittersweet Me.
Virgin Steel String acoustic
GHS Silk and Steel Mediums

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
GHS Boomers Ultra Lights

Fernandes Tremor Delux
Elixer Polywebs

30W Peavey Amp

Friends Are the Family You Choose.
Page 1 of 3