Yo. I was thinking about buying the Peavey vavleking. See I'm on a budget, but I could afford the vavleking and a booster pedal easily so I was thinking about going with that.

But basically I want to know are they reliable, versatile?
MUST be good for metal, even with a booster pedal or whatever, that's important. And I mean real high gain metal
Althoguh would help if it was good for blues/classic rock too.

anyone got experience/own this amp? let me know thanks.
VK seems to have reliability issues and definitely needs a decent pedal for high gain

edit: dont bump your threads! especially after just 7 mins! this is a forum, not a chatroom
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'm looking at it to, and I'm in a metalcore band. The other guitarist and I tried one out at Sam Ash and it was pretty good for what we need. Ofcourse we had it turned down pretty low though. Once we were done we plugged into a 6506 right next to the Valveking and man, there is no comparison. We can probably get a Valveking head for 400 some where, compared to a 5150 or 6505 that we may be able to find at 600 if we're lucky. So I dunno, maybe the extra money saved would be worth it. I still haven't tried a VK with a tube screamer, and we didn't do too much tweaking, but I'm really tempted to just wait until I have enough for a 5150 or 6505. But I dunno how many more shows I can play through my Fender head lol.
We're only strays.
not really for blues, but a peavey 6505 has so much gain it's silly- it can nail classic rock on the Crunch channel too.

If really good cleans are important to you, you may want to try a peavy XXX or JSX
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia