Payed 95pounds for it over in Harverford West, england. Spent a week and a half trapped over in the UK (still am) on "vacation" with my mother, no guitar whatsoever. So I picked this one up, secondhand but mint freakin' condition. I'll take pics later, I'ma use this as a backup guitar when I get back home in the states.

Anyone familiar with this model? How's it play?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
._.''
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
its a good starter, however no locking trem
its got a fairly good sound and a pretty fast neck, but there are much MUCH better models in the Ibanez range.
Quote by meh...
its a good starter, however no locking trem
its got a fairly good sound and a pretty fast neck, but there are much MUCH better models in the Ibanez range.

+1
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
My band's guitarist uses this when he doesn't wanna bring his Ibanez Prestige (absolutely sweet ) to practice. He hates it and spends most of our practices cursing at it. I guess as a backup it wold be fine, what is your main guitar?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
if its a Ibanez model that starts with a G, it probably sucks unless you do things with it.

Ibanez RG4EX1 all the way baby(main guitar )

and your friend must not like your band if he isnt willing to use his Prestige....god Ibanez Prestiges are the ****!!!

but i really want an SA120 atm...(i think thats what it is)

to all who own an Ibanez!
Quote by goldbuddist
and your friend must not like your band if he isnt willing to use his Prestige....god Ibanez Prestiges are the ****!!!

Nah, he likes us but he's really precious with the guitar (understandably i guess as it was over £1000). He didn't take the clear plastic stickers off the pickups for over two months!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by goldbuddist
if its a Ibanez model that starts with a G, it probably sucks unless you do things with it.

Ibanez RG4EX1 all the way baby(main guitar )

but i really want an SA120 atm...(i think thats what it is)

to all who own an Ibanez!

hah what are the odds i have tge rg5ex1... there great arent they
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Mod it and you've got a great guitar, I use it most when gigging as it's reliable and sounds great, thanks to the mods I made:

If they couldn't see the headstock and could only hear it, they wouldn't know how cheap a guitar it is

I got mine hella cheap, £100 new on Ebay. God bless the internet.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I have an RG2EX1 and a BC Avenge SOB back in the states.

I really just picked up the cheapest guitar in practically all England. It was dirt cheap and had a trem which I always wanted one to play around with, so now I've got a trem and I'll prolly mod it up soon.

What're some of the downsides of this particular model?
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
It has a great neck, but thats about it. The stock pickups are trash, and the input jack is always loose. The tremolo goes out of tune very easily and doesn't have a very wide range.

I love the neck on my old one though. I play it alot more often than I play my S series just because it feels so nice.

What were all the mods you made to it? I wanted to mod mine and would like some ideas
I don't mind constantly re-tuning, I do it all the damn time. Loose jack, ****, I get that on my RG2EX1 all the ****in' time so I'm used to it, pickups trashy, I'll have to fix that one. The other two I don't give a **** about, and as for the range of tone, I leave that to my amp.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.