Hi, i was wondering, is popping your fingers bad, as in, does it do anything to your guitar playing ability? is it bad? Do yall pop your fingers?
Crack you're fingers? Or is it 'pop' now, I can never keep up with these fads, and no it doesn't do anything, if you heard it gives you arthritis that's just a myth.
i do it all the time and it doesnt cause anything but if you have arthritis it could make it worse
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Its fine. Theres a myth that says it gives you Arthritis, but its just that. A myth.

It does, however, worsen Arthritis if and only if you already have it.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
i crack my knuckles all the time. only downside to popping/cracking any joint is that it becomes ritualistic. i pop/crack everything on my body. so every morning, befor ei can even walk, let a lone play guitar, i run the regimen:
neck, back, shoulders, elbows, every single joint in my hands, knees, ankles, toes.

but there are no real negative effects other than addiction.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
i used to do it and was scared like hell that it would affect my playing ...

so i quit .. i was sortoff addicted to

now i still live me days in fear of possible finger disorder :|
Ma aunt (who knows pretty much everything) says that it breaks off a little bit of the bone of your knuckle every time you crack them, and that it can make athritus(sp?) come faster if you ever get it.

Reason for that is even if there are still some fluids, there will be cracked bone rubbing against your joints.

I do crack my knuckles, gives me something to do
It's just a buildup of nitrogen in your knuckles, I love crackin 'em, really satisfying!
+1
it's just gas bubbles. no bone loss associated.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Bone Cracking Ftw
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Cyberbob
It's just a buildup of nitrogen in your knuckles, I love crackin 'em, really satisfying!

Nitrogen? So I could come up with a way to make peoples fingers explode?

Hmmmm...
Quote by Leonheart
Nitrogen? So I could come up with a way to make peoples fingers explode?

Hmmmm...

That's hydrogen foo!
well it doesn't do anything now...but in the future expect arthritis and it's not a bone that breaks...the fluid that's between you're bones and joints....it gets less whnever you do that and on the long term...you have no more enough fluid giving you less flexibility.....using you're fingers..and then the Autheritis
I can't help but pop my knuckles.

My fingers start feeling kinda tense, and I pop them to relax them, especially before playing guitar.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
alot of people do...but it's a gd thing to keep you're mind off from doing these things..
I often times have to do it to 'loosen up' my fingers for guitar playing... I seriously doubt there are any long term problems caused by it, after all, how many blind people do you know?