hey wassup! i have a question. im going to buy an electric guitar , i like GNR, ACDC, Aerosmith, and Led Zep, so i would like a tele or a LP, and i dont know whats better and comfortable to play.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
We talking Mexican tele?
Les pauls are heavier, and have humbuckers, which are probably better suited to your style but which lp and which tele are we talking?
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
^?

well zeppelin recorded with teles... and you can do all the styles with either... but i personally think the tele is sexier
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I would go American tele, it will be good quality and you will get amazing cleans, plus as jimmy page once said "you can make a tele sound like anything" or something to that effect.
Fender '62 reissue Honey Blond strat strait into a Blues Junior.
Go for the Tele, it is a much better quality instrument than any Epi out there. According to your musically tastes, you definately want to put a humbucker in the bridge tho.
I think that an MIA Tele would probably outclass the Tele, as well as being able to fulfil your requirements
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
I think that an MIA Tele would probably outclass the Tele, as well as being able to fulfil your requirements

Uh... huh....

Anyway yeah, tele ftw!
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
MiA Tele > Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

No question.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Hoppusorange
Go for the Tele, it is a much better quality instrument than any Epi out there. According to your musically tastes, you definately want to put a humbucker in the bridge tho.

a humbucker in a tele bridge would absolutely destroy the wonderful tele tone. get the '72 custom, humbucker in the neck, with a single in the bridge.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by DanielPro21
what is a MiA Tele?

Made in America Telecastrer?
Quote by DanielPro21
they are both standard and its an american tele

They're both Standard? Which tele are you looking at... the $400 one or $1000 one?
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
They're both Standard? Which tele are you looking at... the $400 one or $1000 one?

lol if he wanted the $1000 one then he could go for the gibson les paul, not the epi...
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
I think an LP would be much more suited for those styles. the guitarists in three of those bands are known for using Gibsons. And Joe Perry uses LPs a bit too.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Although Jimmy Page recorded with a Tele, he is most associated with his LP/Marshall tones, and the LP would excel for what you're playing.
Quote by imnotastoner
lol if he wanted the $1000 one then he could go for the gibson les paul, not the epi...

That's why I was asking, he said both gutiars were the standards and then said the tele was an American Tele...
Quote by Whole Lotta Led

the 400$
^thats made in mexico, but exelent none the less... just get a stacked seymour 59 or lace sensor red for the neck and you well have versatility up the wazzoo... the lespaul is uncomfortable and heavy in my opinion (holding it while playing standing up for three hours killed my shoulders)..
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Quote by satans_banjo
teles are ugly as hell...les pauls are just gorgeous

hells yeah they're ugly LP FTW or go a different direction and a get an SG
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Les paul beats tele no matter what.
Gear-

Gibson Standard SG
Vox AD30VT
Bursewood stratknockoff

Lead guitarist of the band Longplay!

Put this in your sig if you think Fall Out Boy are posers and should go to hell!

Rap SUCKS!!!! Rock n Roll baby...
Quote by Nocomment
We talking Mexican tele?
Les pauls are heavier, and have humbuckers, which are probably better suited to your style but which lp and which tele are we talking?

is the 400$ one
^try getting a les paul to sound like a tele...

with the right set up and such you can get a tele to sound like a les paul, but a les paul can never get same clean tone
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar