I've noticed that on youtube the tabs people use for Under the Bridge are completely different from those that are given on UG. Even though the tabs on UG do work I want to find tabs to play it the correct way. Does anyone know where I could find these tabs?

Thanks
Figure it out yourself, rather, interpret it as you hear it. Under the Bridge is such a popular song that's been out for so long that the majority of the tabs on here are right. A lot of people just rip the tab straight from a book so for the most part they're not wrong. This is song, especially in the verse is so open ended that people just mess around and improvise- there are little variations from person to person playing UtB. John Frusciante doesn't play it the same live, EVER.
Quote by zombie_monster
I've noticed that on youtube the tabs people use for Under the Bridge are completely different from those that are given on UG. Even though the tabs on UG do work I want to find tabs to play it the correct way. Does anyone know where I could find these tabs?

Thanks

ask the youtube people for tabs?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
i found that most tabs for that song are wrong. watch john play it and just copy him

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VYbAEVEa8eU
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by NotAJock2Day
Figure it out yourself, rather, interpret it as you hear it. Under the Bridge is such a popular song that's been out for so long that the majority of the tabs on here are right. A lot of people just rip the tab straight from a book so for the most part they're not wrong. This is song, especially in the verse is so open ended that people just mess around and improvise- there are little variations from person to person playing UtB. John Frusciante doesn't play it the same live, EVER.

I don't exactly have enough knowledge on music theory to do so in guitar though =//
Quote by Warren Peace
Some people use a Capo. I play it without and use a C for th intro and the verse goes E-B-C#-A with a couple of fills after the first time. Chorus goes B-F#-E I think

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/red_hot_chili_peppers/under_the_bridge_intro_ver3_tab.htm

i use a capo. EW you play it with C??? that sounds disgusting that doesnt sound in key. i played it at a show once, i did the intro with the capo and during that Emaj7 whole note i just took it off for the rest of the song
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by rage6945
i found that most tabs for that song are wrong. watch john play it and just copy him

hah great vid to go by. read the stuff at the beginning. they're in amsterdam. they're completely baked. find a good one to go by.
the game
Quote by shuriken
hah great vid to go by. read the stuff at the beginning. they're in amsterdam. they're completely baked. find a good one to go by.

because anthony kiedis WASN'T a heroin addict for the entire first half of his career
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by rage6945

Come on, anyone who knows beans about John knows that he's an improviser! He never plays it the same live and if you're going to learn from a random video you're only going to learn that particular version. The only common denominator is the album version, so learn and interpret that. At least try and don't use inexperience as an excuse. That's how you learn.