Well I now got into slapping so are there any easy songs for a newbie player?
(Note:would have used the search function,but entering more than one word causes an error to show up)
rage against the machine - "take the power back"

i don't listen to jazz, that's the only song with bass slapping/popping that comes to mind =)
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You can take any song you already know in fingerstyle and play it with slap and pop. That's good practice if you're just starting out.
Quote by DoctrDrew116
You can take any song you already know in fingerstyle and play it with slap and pop. That's good practice if you're just starting out.

How would I know which notes to slap or pop?
btw how would i play something like 3h5 ? Slap the 3 and hammer-on the 5?
You could slap them all, pop them all, or slap the bottom strings and pop the top strings. Try it all since it's just for practice. And yes, you'll do hammer ons and pull offs. Play it like you would normally, just not fingerstyle.
Got Bass?
Start with a simple octave exercise s s p s down the cycle of 4ths should be good. straight 8ths timing.

then heres a little bible for you

Octave riffs
RHCP - Higher ground, Power of equality (bridge), Backwards, Aeroplane, stone cold bush, naked in the rain, Coffee Shop (Getting harder now)
Bela Fleck - Sinister minister (first 2 verses)

Driving Riffs
Level 42 - Hotwater, Love Games (left hand slapping)
RHCP - Behind the sun

Hammer on riffs
RATM - Take the power back

Learn all these then life gets exciting - claypool and wooten and flea - OH MY!