hey, I wrote a funk song, although I have no Idea what to write the lyrics about,
I usually write metal, so I have no Idea what to write about, any Ideas?
imerse yourself in it.................................play it with your eyes closed........... let it take you to another dimension...
anyone have an idea on where I should look for inspiration?

besides taking an acid trip
Quote by DesolationRow0
taking two acid trips?

Nice lol

what works for me is that i just play the song in my head or on my instrument and just sing out what pops into my head.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
yeh, i done a song like that the other day... the lyrics just came into my head... i could post them here ahah....but they wouldnt be good for funkiness anyways...
Last edited by DesolationRow0 at Jun 25, 2007,
Its only 2 verses so it shouldn't be so hard,

what gets me is the chorus
it has to be heartfelt dude......you cant just "vomit" some lyrics on a piece of paper and call it a song... thats what fallout boy does...

if its not heartfelt just go take a walk with the melody in your head till you hear something you really really feel....

im a lyrics freak anyways...
thanks for the help, I think I've got it, chorus notewise, those Ideas all helped, thank you

yeah, falloutboy does suck pretty bad
ok... now everytime i want to write some really good lyrics, i'll think of how much i hate fallout boy...
Just write about how funky your song is, make sure you use the word funk in a way that it sounds like a different F-word. /half the funk lyrics ever written

Jk
i got an awesome idea - write your song about how there is no song!!!
I'm just wondering, why is this in the bass forum? And just so I'm not a total prick, +1 to the acid trip idea.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
funky shoes
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com