I'm considering slapping a Flowmaster Super-44 on my 06 Charger r/t. My only concern is, with the car being that much louder, my music will also have to be louder. On the same train of thought, its quiet as hell on the inside now, and its nice to kind of cruise...which will be hard to do with the rumbling. But damn, it would sound bitchin....

Opinions?
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Do it. You'll get a bump in horsepower and torque as well. All the better to smoke a Camry at a stoplight with, am I right?
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
haha indeed, but thats not too hard to do now as it is
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by silencesoloud
haha indeed, but thats not too hard to do now as it is

Well ... let's see ... that thang has got a Hemi, right? So you're putting out about 340 to 350 horses ... the Flowmaster system will add around 20 horses on top of that for a grand total of 370. Torque goes up, too, but I can't remember what gain you get off the top of my head.

Given a Mustang GT can only make 300 horsepower out of it's V8, I'd say it's possible you could send a few Rustangs to the glue factory from a stoplight standstill after playing with a few numbers (weight comparisons of the two cars, etc.).

I still say go get it.

Quote by Slash HuDsOn
haha give me a good enough pair of running shoes and ILL outrun a camry

pieces of ****

Well put.

Last edited by grungefan89 at Jun 25, 2007,
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

pieces of ****

Yes, one of the most reliable cars is a piece of **** . Anyhow, I would look at another option of muffler brand other than Flow Master. They tend to rust out after a couple years compared to other brands such as Magnaflow's stainless options. Also, you'll find with Magnaflow, Borla etc. you'll get a much smoother exhaust note(more of a purr), rather than a louder rumble. So if you are looking for loud, but not to loud, check out those brands.
Be cool.
Yeah, it's got a Hemi, i'm pushing about 330 hp right now.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Well, what have you to loose?

Obviously your heart isn't in the muscle car thinking. Which is what your car was trying to acomplish when it was created, but failed, as it's no muscle car.

Here's an awesome idea though. Buy a kit or fab it yourself. Have it so you'll have a brake cable setup to open a valve that either locks the output from your headers into the exhaust pipes OR have it so it dumps it on the ground. That will give you the loud exhaust that you'll be able to turn on and off. Example, if you're about to race some guy at a light, just open up the butterfly valve, and you have some more torque and an awesome tone. While you're at it, buy a new cam for it. That way she idles like ****, which will sound really awewome with the valves cut open and dumped on the floor. You'll also gain at least 10 - 20 WHP with that setup. When you reach about 3 grand, you'll notice the extra kick.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by Ehh
Well, what have you to loose?

Obviously your heart isn't in the muscle car thinking. Which is what your car was trying to acomplish when it was created, but failed, as it's no muscle car.

Here's an awesome idea though. Buy a kit or fab it yourself. Have it so you'll have a brake cable setup to open a valve that either locks the output from your headers into the exhaust pipes OR have it so it dumps it on the ground. That will give you the loud exhaust that you'll be able to turn on and off. Example, if you're about to race some guy at a light, just open up the butterfly valve, and you have some more torque and an awesome tone. While you're at it, buy a new cam for it. That way she idles like ****, which will sound really awewome with the valves cut open and dumped on the floor. You'll also gain at least 10 - 20 WHP with that setup. When you reach about 3 grand, you'll notice the extra kick.

Hes looking to lightly modify his car with an aftermarket part. Not mod his car for street light drag races /bad advice.
Be cool.
^that is a damn good idea, I've never considered putting something like that on it, I may have to go that route.

And no, she's def no muscle car, but who cares, she's still a beast
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
I'm basically just modding it for the jump in hp (which isin't the top priority), but mostly that satisfying rumble.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Also, with an after market muffler, you may want to watch the level of sound it produces. The cops pulled my mom's vette over after just installing the new Flow Master. Usually most brands are street approved, but cops might still hassle you.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Hes looking to lightly modify his car with an aftermarket part. Not mod his car for street light drag races /bad advice.

Nah, that's just for cruising. Imagine how sweet that would sound all cammed up. It sounds sexy, i'll tell you that. Also, magnaflow usually will let you have a very quiet idle, but let you have that rumble when you open her up.
Quote by thedude051
Yes, one of the most reliable cars is a piece of ****

Umm ... since when was having your transmission throw gears or having your engine build up with sludge considered reliable? Read the damn recalls.

Quote by thedude051

Anyhow, I would look at another option of muffler brand other than Flow Master. They tend to rust out after a couple years compared to other brands such as Magnaflow's stainless options. Also, you'll find with Magnaflow, Borla etc. you'll get a much smoother exhaust note(more of a purr), rather than a louder rumble. So if you are looking for loud, but not to loud, check out those brands.

I think Flowmaster's stuff is a little better than that, but, yes, after reading that I would suggest shopping Magnaflow, Borla, and Flowmaster and seeing which gives you the most gains before making a purchase.

I'm not sure what the laws are about that down here, but my buddy's 69 Charger passed all the state inspections, so I think I'm good
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by grungefan89
Umm ... since when was having your transmission throw gears or having your engine build up with sludge considered reliable. Read the damn recalls.

I think Flowmaster's stuff is a little better than that, but, yes, after reading that I would suggest shopping Magnaflow, Borla, and Flowmaster and seeing which gives you the most gains before making a purchase.

Yes, thats why the Camry is continually gaining high praise award. J.D Power and associates, C & D, Road and Track etc.etc.etc. It is one of the most high praised cars around in terms of reliability and value. Read the damn articles./ thread.
Be cool.
Quote by silencesoloud
I'm not sure what the laws are about that down here, but my buddy's 69 Charger passed all the state inspections, so I think I'm good

Well, I live in Canada, and the Police here don't take to kindly to 540 HP Vette Z06's driving down the street, especially when a woman is behind the wheel. A cop even asked one time "m'aam, are you capable of driving this?" My mom got sooo pissed.
Be cool.
I guess I'll have to do some shopping around then...thanks guys
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by thedude051
Well, I live in Canada, and the Police here don't take to kindly to 540 HP Vette Z06's driving down the street, especially when a woman is behind the wheel. A cop even asked one time "m'aam, are you capable of driving this?" My mom got sooo pissed.

Haha down here in redneck North Carolina, the cops try to race you at stoplights. But still, a 350 +/- hp Charger is far from 540 hp
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

pieces of ****

shut the fuck up.

A camry is NOT made for going fast so dont even put it in that category. Its made for comfort and good gas mileage..I have one and it'll last longer than most american made cars will.

and put the pipe on it. you can always turn up the music loudly.
Quote by thedude051
Yes, thats why the Camry is continually gaining high praise award. J.D Power and associates, C & D, Road and Track etc.etc.etc. It is one of the most high praised cars around in terms of reliability and value. Read the damn articles./ thread.

You know, I trust my own opinions vs. what the media says. Their opinion isn't the only right one. And what made their opinions so in the first place? Just because they said they were experts? There is no degree that says you are an expert in cars in general, sorry. I just wish people like you would realize that. I've researched it myself, I've driven one vs. a few other cars in its class myself, and I've walked away with the conclusion that it's a seriously overrated product with the soul of a Proctor-Silex blender. The interior is very cheap, too. Poor fit and finish.

Your own personal opinions derived from your own personal conclusions and experience are, in the end, probably the correct opinion. Your gut should tell you what to do, not the news, not some asshole expert who was probably paid by a corporate PR department to give a product the seal of "superiority." That's instinct. Not trusting it can yield ugly results.

Just do what I did: drive one back to back with a car like a Saturn Aura (2007 North American Car of The Year) and tell me which one you like better.

Man, find an old MK1 VW. Their quick, agile, and choppy. So fun to drive!
Quote by grungefan89
You know, I trust my own opinions vs. what the media says. Their opinion isn't the only right one. I just wish people like you would realize that. I've researched it myslef, I've driven one vs. a few other cars in its class myself, and I've walked away with the conclusion that it's a seriously overrated product with the soul of a Proctor-Silex blender. The interior is very cheap, too. Poor fit and finish.

Your own personal opinions derived from your own personal conclusions and experience[/] are, in the end, the right opinion. Do what I did: drive one back to back with a car like a Saturn Aura (2007 North American Car of The Year) and tell me which one you like better.

How many Camry's have you driven? Are you a certified automotive tester? Do you know the exact ins and out of an automobile? How many polls have you been involved in? What official judging panel are you a part of? So, its safe to say that you have purchased and own about a million Camry's right? Because of course you can't just base your opinion off of 2 or 3 that you've driven. Considering, oh...theres a million of them out there, and that the vast majority of people who drive them love them. Ooops. silly me, but this is your opinion. Guess what...real fact > your biased opinion. / thread.(again)
Be cool.
Last edited by thedude051 at Jun 25, 2007,
If anything, you can also look into sound-dampening add-ons to your car. While I'm not entirely sure on the concept of aftermarket sound-dampening, you could probably find something that works well.

Good luck with the pipe.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
ewww I would not drive a saturn even if it is the 2007 car of the year. lawl

I drive a camry and love it so is my opinion on these cars valid now? My interior in it isn't anywhere near cheap 170xxx+ miles and it runs like a champ and has no interior problems.
Quote by thedude051
How many Camry's have you driven? Are you a certified automotive tester? How many polls have you taken? So, its safe to say that you have purchased and own about a million Camry's right? Because of course you can't just base your opinion off of 2 or 3 that you've driven. Considering, oh...theres a million of them out there, and that the vast majority of people who drive them love them. Ooops. silly me, but this is your opinion. Guess what...fact > your opinion. / thread.(again)

Read my edit to the post you quoted.

Certified automotive tester? Uh ... yeah, right. Like a car review in Consumer Reports was written by a car enthusiast who knows cars and knows what kind of car can really wake your emotions up and put a big old shit-eating grin on your face when you drive it. There are cars that do that (like the Charger) and have quality and reliability just as good as a Cum-ree.

... Polls? Bah. I don't care what some statistic says. I care about what my conclusion is. I'm not out there to change my opinions to agree with the majority. People who do that are fakes and are unable to stay true to their self. Polls are for wholly indecisive morons who want their opinions to fall in line with what his friend says.

And, by the way, "certified automotive testers" don't drive every Camry built. They drive one supplied by the Public Relations department, which is built to be the best of the best. Like me, they don't drive everyone out there. I drive mine from a dealer lot, where a car shows it's true colors. And the Camry's true colors are pretty monotonous and drab.

Yeah. The media's "facts" > my opinion.

And the thread continues ...

Quote by grungefan89
Read my edit to the post you quoted.

Certified automotive tester? Uh ... yeah, right. Like a car review in Consumer Reports was written by a car enthusiast who knows cars and knows what kind of car can really wake your emotions up and put a big old shit-eating grin on your face when you drive it. There are cars that do that (like the Charger) and have quality and reliability just as good as a Cum-ree.

... Polls? Bah. I don't care what some statistic says. I care about what my conclusion is. I'm not out there to change my opinions to agree with the majority. People who do that are fakes and are unable to stay true to their self. Polls are for wholly indecisive morons who want their opinions to fall in line with what his friend says.

And, by the way, "certified automotive testers" don't drive every Camry built. They drive one supplied by the Public Relations department, which is built to be the best of the best. Like me, they don't drive everyone out there. I drive mine from a dealer lot, where a car shows it's true colors. And the Camry's true colors are pretty monotonous and drab.

And the thread continues ...

The Camry wasn't made to be a fun, exciting car. Jesus. It was made to be reliable, give good fuel economy, and get you from point A to B. Being a certified automotive tester has nothing to do with deciding which cars are fun and exciting. it is about TESTING CARS. Did that sentence penetrate your thick brain? Probably not. Plus, what would people get out of lying? Most people write car reviews and take polls to generally express their true opinion on the car and to help others out. Every Camry is built the same. Please, care to explain to me how they could possibly tell the difference between a good and bad Camry? Its a BRAND NEW car!!! There is no difference? What? Do you think they just put some super chip in it to make it perform better? Also, automotive magazines receive their cars from the dealerships. So the manufacturer doesn't have time to "secretly modify the car" to perform good. Lastly, thanks for agreeing with me. You are truly a scholar and a gentelman. Glad you see it my way. You just ended this thread yourself. So as of now, if you want to continue arguing, PM me. Because I am done here, and apparently so are you. /thread.
Be cool.
The way I see it, anyone who argues about different types of cars doesn't truly know about cars.

I work as a parts supplier for a GM dealer, and have been a car lover for years. This doesn't make my opinion any better, but I hope I can put together a better argument than you people bickering.

There may be a generalization to a certain "car", such as the Toyota Camry mentioned here. In my experiences, each and every car is "different", in some way. Even though mass-production is meant to make every car a carbon-copy, this isn't always true. Every car or truck I have driven has a different feel to it; a different set of characteristics that fall greater than just interior color or outfit. There are some cars that run forever; there are some that have problems. Where it all lies in the end is what YOU want to drive. Whether it be getting from one place to another, an exciting ride, a workhorse, it's all choice. This car elitism is just as bad as music elitism (and don't tell me about cars; I drive a 1989 Prelude, and if you don't know what makes that car great, you're missing out). Just enjoy what you drive, and quit pushing you "opinons" on everyone else, because it all falls on deaf ears and creates ill will.

The threadstarter just wanted advice, and you all make a fight over the stupidest things. Terrible.

To the TS, I ran a Google search on sound dampening you could consider after installing the pipe of your choice, and some car audio suppliers also supply aftermarket sound dampening items. It might come at a premium, but it's my suggestion if you're looking to quiet outside noise.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Jun 25, 2007,
I'll just break it down bit by bit here.

Quote by thedude051
The Camry wasn't made to be a fun, exciting car. Jesus. It was made to be reliable, give good fuel economy, and get you from point A to B.

Yes, and other cars do that with the addition to having good looks, lots of power, and interesting features the Camry doesn't (again, like the Charger).

Quote by thedude051
Being a certified automotive tester has nothing to do with deciding which cars are fun and exciting. it is about TESTING CARS. Did that sentence penetrate your thick brain? Probably not.

Well, the dudes at all of the major auto rags claim to be car guys who like cars which are fun and exciting. And, for example, a good chunk of Car & Driver's 10 Best list reflects something like that. Auto journalists ("certified automotive tester" ... good Lord, you make it sound like people who review cars work for the government or something ... and yes, I know about the NHTSA, or whatever, but c'mon ... they don't write the reviews YOU are basing your "opinions" on) look for cars with the best performance, handling, styling, economy, etc. Some, however, just don't.

Quote by thedude051
Plus, what would people get out of lying? Most people write car reviews and take polls to generally express their true opinion on the car and to help others out.

Uh ... oh, let's see ... money, maybe? Could that be an motive for biasing your opinions if you were an auto journalist writing for a magazine? If the money is not straight up from the corporate PR department when they do that, then it's in the form of more money to run more of their ads in their magazine per month. Flip through an auto rag and you will see a few more ads from Toyota vs. GM or others. It takes money to get a magazine out every month, you know. Plus, that money does make it's way back to you in your paycheck. And ad money is good money, apparently.

Quote by thedude051

Every Camry is built the same. Please, care to explain to me how they could possibly tell the difference between a good and bad Camry? Its a BRAND NEW car!!! There is no difference? What? Do you think they just put some super chip in it to make it perform better?

Sure, all the parts are made the same ... but the way they are assembled are not. Are you taking in account that someone working on the assembly line when one car was built might have been in a bad mood that day (from divorce, lets say) and wasn't focusing on doing their job right, just adequate enough not to get in trouble with his supervisor? Or maybe he was sick that day?

Ask Ford about this happening in the past. In one book I read (can't think of the title, but I will look it up), at one point in the late '80s, things were so bad at their F-150 assembly plant that one guy actually built a truck with a manual transmission when it was supposed to have an automatic (had the column shifter and everything).

But the Camry's recent problems were brought to owner's attention through recalls, which means most likely that there was a flaw in the design of a component or just the overall way it was intended to be assembled.

Super chip? Good God, no. What the hell gave you the idea I thought that? But some cars of the same make and model are built better than others, make no mistake.

Quote by thedude051

Also, automotive magazines receive their cars from the dealerships. So the manufacturer doesn't have time to "secretly modify the car" to perform good.

Um, no. The cars tested by auto rags, etc., are either pre-production examples, cars built during an initial run by the factory to test production methods and production equipment (and eventually will be turned to shrapnel), or very early production models coming from the first batch of cars off the assembly line for consumer purchase.

Quote by thedude051

Lastly, thanks for agreeing with me. You are truly a scholar and a gentleman. Glad you see it my way. You just ended this thread yourself. So as of now, if you want to continue arguing, PM me. Because I am done here, and apparently so are you. /thread.

This ...

Quote by grungefan89

... Was intended to have one of these ...

... At the end, but it wouldn't show up when I clicked it.

Suck it, pal. I was trying to handle this as non-hostile as I could but then you turned it into a pissing match. So, yes, let's take all other matter not related to this argument to PM.

do it. it'll be alota fun have everyone checkin ur car out cuz they heard it a mile down the road...hehe
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
my shop installs magna flow and it is a bolt on kit you could do in your drive way. it has a nice sound no too agressive, it kinda barks but it is not that loud, they have really good high flow mufflers. i know cause i just installed one the other week on a charger. the good thing bout magna flow is that it is stainless steel. it will rust in canada cause we use alot of salt on the roads and it just eats through it but it is warranteed for life so if anything happens they will set you up.the kit you get is direct bolt on cat back. you should also get an aem cold air intake not that it adds alot of power but you can hear it suck the airwhen you punch for and idle. it is not that loud but it is an awesome sound.

the guy at our shop loves it so i say get that
and make sure your exhaust isn't too loud..otherwise a cop might be having a bad day and give you a ticket for having too loud of pipes..