I have recently discovered the brilliance of Alex Lifeson's onstage rants, and have thoroughly enjoyed watching many of them, and felt they should be shared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxfXzFtMOs&mode=related&search=

This one is my personal favorite, as Alex completely owns drummers and bassists with his superior insulting technique.

A search for "Lifeson rants" will give you many, many more of these.

If any Rush concert attendees can recall for me the topic of his rant and share it with us, that would be amazing. I'm going to see them on the 30th, and will share my findings with all of you.

HAPPY FRICKIN RANT SHARING!
Ahh this is awesome, Lifeson always was hilarious.

And now I know why he doesn't sing.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
There is a Rush thread right here on this page....

So, even though I love Alex Lifeson and his rants (God that guy is hilarious),

*reported*
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Keef-is-king

If any Rush concert attendees can recall for me the topic of his rant and share it with us, that would be amazing. I'm going to see them on the 30th, and will share my findings with all of you.
The Lerxst rant began (sort of) on the Counterparts tour where Lifeson would introduce the band during Closer to the Heart, usually as famous celebrities. This evolved into the rants in La Villa Strangiato during the Vapor Trails and R30 tours, but since Rush isn't playing La Villa this year up to this point, it looks like we will get no rants

here's a little info on the rants from the R30 tour:
http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/R30tournews.htm#rants

read the one about Jack Black, Irvine (7/14)

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.