Ok guys, i need some expert advise.
I am faced with a conflict here. Right now ive got a squier starter pack ( )
However, it really isnt that bad, ive adjusted truss rod, and pickups to my liking, which surprisingly doesnt auctually sound that bad, however, i cant stand 1:sh*tty whammy bar and 2: 21 fret neck! Basically my conflict is to a: get a new guitar with the money ive got (500-700, im thinking 22 or 22 frets hopefully with floyd) b: buy a few individual effects (eg: phase, chorus and distortion) c: get a good multi effect (boss me-50) d: get a new amp with the money ive got (high end solid state? maybe low end tube?) e: save up and get the guitar of my dreams (http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_jackson_sl1_usa_soloist_electric_guitar?full_sku=511466%2e055 in burnt cherry burst) or f: Save up for high end amp (thinking 6505 or JCM 2000)

Suggestions on what type or specific peices of gear is appreciated, thanks in advance
Last edited by kool98769 at Jun 25, 2007,
AMP! A great guitar won't sound good through a crappy amp. The biggest part of your tone, besides fingers, is your amplifier. A great amp and a bad guitar sound much better than a great guitar and an alright amp.
Quote by Twist of fate
cool. Ever get head from a stuffed animal?

Quote by casualty01
Say hello to your new warden, bitches!
Quote by Masamune
I love you
guitar- Ibanez RG2EX1 $300
amp- Vox Valvetronix 30 watt $240
pedals- chorus-Electro-Harmonix Small Clone [NOT nano clone] $80
phaser- MXR Phase 90 $70
distortion- Electro-Harmonix Big Muff [$70-80] or Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff [$100]
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
A new amp will make the biggest difference as far as sound goes, however its kind of up to you. When i decided to up my gear i went guitar first, then amp, then customized the guitar and finnaly effects board. Its all kind of personal preferance. Btw, as far as new guitars go i sugest schecter, im a little bit partial though lol
“I used to be made fun of because I’d stay alone at home on weekends and play the guitar, but once I got good on the guitar, I got all the pussy I wanted"-EVH

Schcter C-1 Classic - Emg 81/85 @ 18 Volts
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 POD XT Live
oh, as far as those pedals, i was thinking about getting one of the vox cooltron distortions, a tc electionics chorus/flanger, and a EVH phase (due to vintage script) or else ebaying a vintage phase